welding on my truss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welding on my truss

What are the main things i have to pay attention to when welding my truss onto my 44? On TNT's website i remember them saying "just locate it perpendicular to the ground and burn it home".

But i also read another thread that a guy was talking about caster and pinion angle when locating all of his mounts. So what are the big things i don't want to fuck up when welding this thing?

I was probably going to call up TNT and ask them before i do it but i might as well get some sis input.
    Last edited by Even; 03-11-2009, 11:01 PM.

welding the truss on you just need to get it in the ballpark. all this will effect is the angle of the shock mounts and coil buckets really.

i can eyeball my caster close enough, but you may want to get a cheap angle finder and set yours at 5-7 degrees.

when you weld

don't lay a mega bead at full power, or else you can trweak your housing

give plenty of time to let that shit cool
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

So basically eyeball my pinion angle and burn the truss on.

And how do i adjust caster?

Comment

control arms

but if you arent 100% sure you can eyeball caster, don't eyeball it

you will be stuck with a truss and axle housing you need to chop apart because your coils get spit out and shocks won't bolt to because of the angle

Comment

Well if i adjust my control arm length, that will also effect my pinion angle correct? So basically i have to fall somewhere in the middle...

I've read somewhere that people remove the outer ends of the axles and press/weld them back in with the correct caster/pinion setting?
          Last edited by Even; 03-12-2009, 09:58 PM.

Comment

bump...

Comment

yes people rotate the knuckles

its not too big of an issue with a hp axle

and caster>pinion angle

Comment

gracias

Comment

Working...
                X