Renix Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renix Questions

Recently my engine has been running like crap, i just replaced my throttle cable because the spring snapped and was hoping for it to run better but it doesn't. At various times it will idle around 2700 rpm and i cant really do anything besides shut it off, and hope it starts at a normal idle. I checked all my vacuum lines and they are all connected and in working order. Any suggestions?

And one of the things that really irritates me is the crank time, it's embarrassing having the jeep crank for like 7 seconds before it catches and starts up. I have gone through 2 starters (one locked up from age, one was spinning to fast and the gear got beat up) so i really don't want to invest more money into that unless i absolutely have to.

I have a spare motor that i was going to build up sooner or later, and is there anything that i can do in the build process to improve how it runs? im getting about 12mpg with the 4:10's and 33's.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

The cranking time is from the slow computor not much you can do with that.
    Also here's some testing you can do. This link is very helpful to me.
    http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/...iagnostics.htm
    88 XJ / 6"lift Long arms/ Front Locker / Homemade Bumpers/ 33 dickcepts Crusher's

Comment

Mine always cranked for a bit before it'd start up. Probably not 7 seconds though. I'm just guessing but maybe check your injectors? If they're all munged up maybe it's not getting the fuel you need. Grab some 19 lb 5.0 mustang injectors because apparently they create a better spray pattern.
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

Just because the vacuum lines are connected doesn't mean they are in working order....could be a leak elsewhere in the line.

Comment

Working...
        X