Novice Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice Question

I won't hesitate to admit that I'm basically a complete novice when it comes to making repairs to a car, or even diagnosing an issue. That's why I'm here...Lately I've been having an issue with my oil pressure gauge. It'll randomly drop (or just move around in general), causing the "check gauges" light to come up. My oil level is still at full. There is a check engine light on, but it's only coming up with the (constant) evap leak code. So could that just be a faulty sensor or something else that I should be looking into? I haven't noticed any difference in driving at all. And the gauge tends to move as soon as I accelerate.

Also, has anyone else had the issue of the airbag light coming on, the gauges either dropping or staying perfectly still, and then a "no bus" message showing up in the odometer? Again, I'm sure I sound like a newbie, but I figured enough of you guys would've had a similar issue at some point.
    1993 ZJ Limited V8 (Stock) - Sold, but never forgotten

2001 XJ - A continued work in progress

its the oil pressure sender. find your oil filter, there is a "tube" looking thing with a plug and wire coming out of it right next to it. that is the pressure sender. sometimes they just need a cleaning but other times you have to replace them. it is common.

"no bus" means that your gauge cluster is not communicating with your computer. This could be a loose wire or bad ground which would also make your cluster do some weird things

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

The no bus message in the cluster is probably the connector on the back of the cluster,mopar makes a repair kit for it.very common have replaced many.

Comment

i got the same gauge problem i cleaned the connector but still no dice jeff said it there is a repair kit for it i believe but i prefer not to know how fast i'm goin lol
        Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by doubleuj17 View Post
          The no bus message in the cluster is probably the connector on the back of the cluster,mopar makes a repair kit for it.very common have replaced many.
          Is it a fairly simple to replace? And do you know how much those repair kits run?

And of course, thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate it.
          1993 ZJ Limited V8 (Stock) - Sold, but never forgotten

2001 XJ - A continued work in progress

Comment

i got the no bus on the dash before and tracked it down to a blown fuse.
            2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L I6, stock for now

Comment

The kit comes with the connector and wires that have to be spliced into the existing harness,cant remember how many wires maybe 8-10,i think it about $25

Comment

Working...
              X