4wd problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd problem

Ok, so i went to help a friend out a few nights ago, and when i went to pull him, the spotter noticed my front wheels weren't spinning at all. Then last night i went wheeling, was going up a little loose rock hill and my friend ask if i had a locker up front cause both were spinning in the same direction. Later in the night i went to back up on a steep hill, and my rear tires broke free and my fronts weren't doing shit.

Gears were done and serviced after 300 miles and everything looked fine, where do i start? Im planing on jacking up the jeep and throwing it in 4 to make sure all 4 wheels turn later tonight.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Do you have a NP242 T-case?

Do you have Vacuum disconnect axle?
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

242 with a non disco i think, how would i tell? it's a dana 30 out of a 90 xj with abs, high pinion

Edit: i have non disconnect.
      Last edited by LittleD; 08-27-2010, 08:47 PM.
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

so did you figure it out yet?

I asked about the disco axle because if that wasn't locking it would do the same thing.

I asked about the 242 because if you are in all wheel drive/ full time you will only sin the free tires.

Plus on the 242 the 4x4 shift fork is spring loaded so know why to actually know if it is in 4x4 2x4 full time or part time, you just set it by the shifter and it springs into gear when it lines up unless something internal is keeping it from shifting like load in the T-case.

Try playing with the the 4x4 once it is locked it it shouldn't come out.

If you broke a gear there would be all kinds of internal noise.
        Unless you forgot to put the spider gears in or you have a broken locker etc, which could be quiet.

If you jack a wheel off the ground and turn it does the drive shaft spin. non of the axle or pinion should be able to spin by themselves.

Good luck
        Let us know what you find.
        ~Justin
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
        X