PORC SYE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PORC SYE???

Anyone have any experience with the PORC SYE kit? I'm thinking about their SYE and Driveshaft for my XJ. Any thoughts? Reviews?

Also, whats the real deal with running an auto front shaft with this? (dont have any experience with it... everyone I've talked to about it has used a Tom Woods or like custom shaft with their sye)
    Last edited by YJCrawler19; 03-10-2009, 04:35 PM.
    -Tim

buy it.

i run it, have run it. no problems. 4 years and counting now. its identical in every way to the advanced adapters one

DO IT.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

You cant use an auto front XJ shaft because you have a 5 speed. But I have heard that one can use a ZJ 4.0 front shaft.
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Will, did you run into any issues when you did yours?
        Caleb, thanks for the clarification. I'll probably just go with the porc driveshaft too then
        -Tim

Comment

No issues. i used the AA instructions to install it also.

do yourself a favor and get some nice snap ring pliers, thats all u gotta worry about
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

don't let the instructions scare you. my first sye took me about an hour and a half (never tore into a t-case before) my next one took me about 40 mins
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

I have one, well mine is the Advanced Adapters version but they are one in the same. Easy to install and works great. Ive never installed one, and it tokk 4 hours, just get good snap ring pliers. Leave the T case in too. No need to remove.
              Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

I had no problems installing mine but that's probably because I still have it sitting in my garage in an unopened box and the front driveshaft is somewhere at Will's place. About that

Comment

aside from PORC or T-Dubbz, anyone have any other recomendations for a new driveshaft?
                  -Tim

Comment

if you wanna buy a new one, carolina driveline is pretty good also. probably easiest/cheapest to get a XJ one shortened.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                      if you wanna buy a new one, carolina driveline is pretty good also. probably easiest/cheapest to get a XJ one shortened.
                      x2, im pretty sure CT Driveline would only want like 120-150 dollahors to shorten a shaft, and yes, a good set of snap rings is a must, other wise youll end up bustin yo hands up like i did
                      dirty30

Comment

Working...
                      X