driveline vibrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driveline vibrations

ALSO with the 8.8 axle swap i got some vibrations. they happen on and off when accelerating lightly just going up in speed from 25 or 20 up to about 40 which is the fastest i've gone so far. i am guessing i would need a cv and SYE type setup to get rid of this problem, but could it possibly be an alignment issue or something other than driveline? i've never experienced this firsthand so i have no idea what to think it is. thanks guys for any help offered.
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

U bolts tight?
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
      U bolts tight?
      it's a TJ..

check to make sure your driveshaft isn't worn or you need ujoints ect..

Comment

just put new ones in when i did this and it was fine before. i'll post a pic of the angle later today so someone can take a look and see if it is a bad one or not. i just don't know what would be bad because i've never experienced it.

Comment

adjustable upper control arms ? if not, youll need them

also most likely need sye/sv shaft, 8.8's are offset more then a dana 35 (the diff)
          up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
          eliminator MJ - Sold
          99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
          Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

I had vibrations on and off before i got the sye and cv, and then it got really bad after a while. Whenever I would go above around 2k rpms it would feel like the jeep was about to fall apart.... then all of a sudden... my u joint snapped and tore apart my exhaust...
            might be that?

how much lift do you have?
            91 YJ: 4.0, 4" lift, 33" TSL's, SYE, Woody driveshaft, cut flares

Comment

im sitting at maybe 1 or 2 inches above stock height if that. but fortunately i figured it out. my lowers weren't compressed all the way that they could've been, so we closed em up fully and it gave us just enough compensation to get rid of all vibes. rides like butter now at all speeds. thank fuckin god. thanks for all the help though guys.

Comment

Working...
              X