xj fenders/flares that cover the tires and dont look fugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xj fenders/flares that cover the tires and dont look fugly

so i have 7" of tire to cover in front, and 5" in back. the back i'm not worried about too much.

the front, is the challenge.

my last fugly flares,although they helped with flight, they were hideous.

I want something less stupid looking this time around.

and with the cage in the works, i feel it would be smart to work off that.

I might go over the factory fenders with these. but i'm leanin towards take the factory fenders completely off and build em out of toob and some decent thickness sheet (16 guage maybay)

this is kinda the look i'm goin for

the only problem is i suck at depth and geometry and shit, and these look like they cover maybe 4" of tire.

then again, i think i would be content with them covering 4" of the tire leaving 3" out in the wind free to "slingshot rocks at my windshield" (thats what the statey told me). i just need complete coverage by april 20th. i'll ghetto rig as nessesary.

anybody have some pics of similar setups or any insight that would make this not an eyesore?

do ya think it might look badass as fuck?

HALP
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Why not take your fender off completely, build the exo sticking out a little bit. With the gaps in that you can use pieces of sheet metal to make your "fender" i saw a guy do it on pirate and it came out really nice
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Magilla; 03-17-2010, 07:01 PM.
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

that sounds like it'd look bitchin. is this coming about because of a fix-it ticket (you mentioned a cop) or was this part of the plan?
      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

thats it thanks dude
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            ^--- looks sick
            MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
              Why not take your fender off completely, build the exo sticking out a little bit. With the gaps in that you can use pieces of sheet metal to make your "fender" i saw a guy do it on pirate and it came out really nice
              thats kinda one of the thoughts. i dont think i can make 7" of flare look decent jutting out from the factory fender. ya think 1.75 od would look a little bulky for a fender flare? maybe some 1.25-1.5 would be a lil better

Originally posted by SwampThing View Post
              that sounds like it'd look bitchin. is this coming about because of a fix-it ticket (you mentioned a cop) or was this part of the plan?
              when the hell did i tell someone to suck a permanent marker lol

oh yea, thread. i had issues with my last jeep and cops in ONE TOWN and threw on some hideous things to cover the tires. then they still pulled me over for crimes i didnt commit because said town is full of prick cops. it's a long story.

this is the first time for this jeep. but it would be nice to not worry about it. the cop was kinda cool about it once he was done with his sarcastic comments. he said he doesnt care if i throw stock tires on it and show up at the fix it date, then put the big ones back on. i just need it fixed for that one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                thats kinda one of the thoughts. i dont think i can make 7" of flare look decent jutting out from the factory fender. ya think 1.75 od would look a little bulky for a fender flare? maybe some 1.25-1.5 would be a lil better
                I think 1.75 would look huge 1.25 would look pretty good not too overbearing on it.
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

when the hell did i tell someone to suck a permanent marker lol

oh yea, thread. i had issues with my last jeep and cops in ONE TOWN and threw on some hideous things to cover the tires. then they still pulled me over for crimes i didnt commit because said town is full of prick cops. it's a long story.

this is the first time for this jeep. but it would be nice to not worry about it. the cop was kinda cool about it once he was done with his sarcastic comments. he said he doesnt care if i throw stock tires on it and show up at the fix it date, then put the big ones back on. i just need it fixed for that one day.
                  said town sounds like Woodbridge, CT. they see my Jeep and im either followed to wherever im going or pulled over, all over a dumb incident two years ago.

as to the marker... you told Will to in some old thread, i cant remember where i found it but it made me laugh pretty hard
                  MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                    I think 1.75 would look huge 1.25 would look pretty good not too overbearing on it.
                    agreeed

im kinda diggin what will linked. basically the idea i think we all had in our heads. mine just have to jut out a little farther.

Comment

agreeed

im kinda diggin what will linked. basically the idea i think we all had in our heads. mine just have to jut out a little farther.
                      i say do it, one of the best executions of it ive seen
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

only thing is if you did do a design like on the one you posted i would make the bar that covers the side of the header panel tie into something besides the bumper on that angle. I think if you hit that it would break/ screw others up since it would not have a lot of support on it. maybe make some sides to your bumper. If you hit that decently i think it would bend/ screw up the others
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

oh yea.

i has my own idears and shapes.

even if i do crappy mspaintshop it

i will have some new ideas mid-build and it will be quite different

Comment

like diss

only not have the fender tube 4 inches from the body. skin that shit, and have it stick out more eyesoringly

Comment

[QUOTE=this is the first time for this jeep. but it would be nice to not worry about it. the cop was kinda cool about it once he was done with his sarcastic comments. he said he doesnt care if i throw stock tires on it and show up at the fix it date, then put the big ones back on. i just need it fixed for that one day.[/QUOTE]

at least he wasnt like the johnston fuck heads.... but anyways i think with a 4 inch flare u should be fine, having three inches stick out past it should be ok. i like the idea with the entire fender removed an the tube an sheet metal ones, they look pretty sick.
                              97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Working...
                              X