Tube bending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube bending

I need to get 2 ft of 2 1/4 in tubing. Now my options are 1: Go to logan and pick up something from their bargin barn, and then find a place that will bend that size for me. Or i could stop at a local exhaust shop (monroe muffler) and see if they can get me the tubing and also bend it for me.

Since this is going to be used to repair my rockslider, it has to be somewhat decent thickness.

What would you guys do? I know some people have tube benders, but not sure on if they could bend this size or not. And if there's any other place near by that could cut out the middle man, let me know.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

What on you rock slider needs to be replaced? Personally I would heat it with acetylene and bend it around a jig I made up. I really dont know what youre trying to do though
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

ill get pics up later but, it's one of those sliders thats completley made out of tube and one of the sides is rotted out and full of holes.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Toss them out and start over. No muffler shop is going to bend structural tubing with the benders they have. They only do thin wall for the most part. If you live near Will, he still has my pump jack bender as far as I know. It will work on Schedule 40 pipe and that may be your best bet.

Comment

do you think taking thin flat steel, heating it up, and bending it to the contours would work?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Are you just trying to patch it? Im sure the rest of of it is rotting. But yes. Just get some 1/8 plate and cut and weld it.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
                Are you just trying to patch it? Im sure the rest of of it is rotting. But yes. Just get some 1/8 plate and cut and weld it.
                the other slider is perfect, this one will probably make it to the end of the year. When this one falls apart, ill get some new ones

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Those aren't much of a slider being that thin wall stuff, more like steps.

I agree, make some new ones when time permits.

Comment

Whats out there when it comes to sliders? The only place ive seen advertise them is jcr, but there is probably a better place to get them right? Whats the diff. between stage 2 and stage 3?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                      Whats out there when it comes to sliders? The only place ive seen advertise them is jcr, but there is probably a better place to get them right? Whats the diff. between stage 2 and stage 3?
                      Stage 3 is stronger then stage 2. Other then JCR theres TRECKS (TNT), AJ's Offroad thats what I can think of off the top of my head
                      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                        Stage 3 is stronger then stage 2.
                        They are the exact same thing other than the outer tubes on stage 3 angle upwards and give you more clearance.

Comment

don't bother repairing those

if they rotted out, they are not suitable for bouncin off rocks
                          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post

yours sliders have become rock food

nomnomnom
                            dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post

I know that these won't last me very long, but these are better than nothing, and considering i have no job at the moment, i have to use what i got.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                              X