what kind/size welder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
    Just a question but does anyone here use ARC welding on any of their Jeeps?
    i have in the past on older jeeps. in my opinion its good for a quick fix, some rods don't require as much prep work and you can weld thick metal and lay down beefy beads. but its much easier and i feel i have more control with a mig
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
      Just a question but does anyone here use ARC welding on any of their Jeeps?
      tried it, found it was WAY easier to burn through my unibody
      dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
        i have in the past on older jeeps. in my opinion its good for a quick fix, some rods don't require as much prep work and you can weld thick metal and lay down beefy beads. but its much easier and i feel i have more control with a mig
        I feel the same way even though I do feel pretty competent on both. I might be able to get a freebie 220V arc soon but for what I want to do I think it might be too much beef
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

i've used flux core on all my jeep projects so far and i dont mind it...probably only because i havent bought a gas setup yet and usually find myself welding outside anyways...
          -Jason
          99WJ 4.0
          IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

Comment

Originally posted by lakailimited06 View Post
            i've used flux core on all my jeep projects so far and i dont mind it...probably only because i havent bought a gas setup yet and usually find myself welding outside anyways...
            once you weld with gas (sut up correctly), you will not want to weld with flux again
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
              I have a Lincoln from home depot, im not a good welder, but it works for me.
              How much did you spend on it Caleb?
              Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Originally posted by 93XJRay View Post
                How much did you spend on it Caleb?
                http://www.homedepot.com/Lincoln-Ele...atalogId=10053

i got mine off craigslist un-userd for $450.

people buy these things all time time and never use them.
                most dudes just think its cool to own a welder for a project they never take on or just dont know how to use them, let them sit for a year or 2 and sell it

Comment

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/tls/1620906547.html

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                    once you weld with gas (sut up correctly), you will not want to weld with flux again
                    THIS. Except I still use flux core cuz I cain't afford to set mine up with gas.
                    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                    • 5.13's
                    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                    • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Working...
                    X