fender trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender trim

i've been considering this fender trim for the past few weeks... is there anyone that knows how to do a "mint" job on this? if so
    could i interest you in a hand on my rig?

ill help ya.

i do know how to do it nicely but i lack care for effort in doing it right on my own rig
    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Try it yourself, you get much more satisification. Take your time and mark it out with masking tape first for the fronts. The back isn't bad but make sure you do a cut a fold.
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

yeah neither of which are hard to do just make sure you tape it off to prevent chipping the paint and stuff like that go slow and take your time, you can make it look good

Comment

there are some good write ups on doing it. You can do it yourself easily, just take your time on it and it will come out great.
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I measured and marked 2" in from the fender edge (fronts) then connected the dots with a sharpie. I used an angle grinder and cutoff wheel to do the cutting. Took off about 1.75" at first then "feathered" the cut with the side of the wheel till all the excess was removed.

For the rears - the more cuts you make the smoother the curves will be after folded.

Way easier than I expected - should have done it sooner.

Comment

This is from another site... I did my fenders the same way and they're turned out AWESOME!

Another thing I took on recently was trimming the fenders a bit. I was looking to keep it very neat, and for it to look like it still had some sort of lip.

Here's what I started with:

Basically, my goal was to get rid of the parts where the holes for the fender flares were, and to fold the fenders over at that crease in order to keep a "flared" look to it.

Process:
              Take an angle grinder with a cutting wheel on it, and make numerous vertical relief cuts, especially where there may be any curves in the fender.

Relief cuts:

Then with a rubber mallet just hit the pieces that are cut in an almost perpendicular fashion, and they'll start to fold right over towards the inside of the wheel well.

This is what it looks like inside of the well:

The front fender is a little different... The metal is so thin you can't really do the cut and fold. It's much easier to just draw out a line with a dry-n-erase marker and then go straight at it with a grinder.
              Last edited by Rinkor16; 11-11-2009, 01:19 PM.
              1991 Jeep Cherokee- 4.5" Rough Country Lift - 33x12.5x15 BFG M/T KM2's - Crager Soft 8's

Comment

great pics!

Comment

nice pics, thanks!

Comment

I made 4 cuts on my rear fenders before folding. Came out good enough for me. It's easier if you take your wheel off when doing it that way.
                    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                    1999 sierra
                    1967 M725 Big and Slow
                    -Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X