beefy fenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beefy fenders?

im getting tired of always hammering dents out of the front fenders. has anyone done anything to beef them up or anything? or even just replace them?

im also thinking of going with tube flares instead of the plastic ones. any input would be helpful
    1994 xj
    4.5 rustys lift
    3 35" trXus mts and a 35" BFgoodrich MT
    with lots of fender trimming

Why not just let em get bent up lol and when they get real bad go to the junkyard and get new ones? there are tons of things you should beef up on an xj before thats a worry lol such as the "framerails"

Comment

well thats already on the list lol im just getting tired of the thing lookin so damn crappy
      1994 xj
      4.5 rustys lift

Comment

HAHAHAHA then you have a lot more on your plate than that lol, its gettin kinda beat lol and it doesn't help that you hit black people

Comment

lmfao hey, that wasnt my fault! even though my brakes gave out.....
          1994 xj
          4.5 rustys lift

Comment

you want wings?

you just gotta watch out for updrafts...

1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by EzXj94 View Post
              im getting tired of always hammering dents out of the front fenders. has anyone done anything to beef them up or anything? or even just replace them?

im also thinking of going with tube flares instead of the plastic ones. any input would be helpful
              make tube fenders, if i were to try it on an xj i would go from the front bumper and follow the radius of the wheel well with tube "frenched in" and then add a flair over that. the tube will prevent dents and the flair will give you tire coverage without wings. if you can bend tube like that and make it look nice is another story.
              Last edited by grundlepunch; 09-21-2009, 09:37 AM.
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Literally you can pull the dents of the fender out by hand or tap them out with a ball-pene hammer
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

detours had a nice tube type front fender on theirs with a CJ headlight bucket and they took the factory xj marker lights and put them on the sides lengthwise, looked pretty cool....

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                    detours had a nice tube type front fender on theirs with a CJ headlight bucket and they took the factory xj marker lights and put them on the sides lengthwise, looked pretty cool....
                    any chance you can get a picture of this?
                    1994 xj
                    4.5 rustys lift

Comment

i have a pic on my cell phone tho it's not that good, give me your number i'll send it to you if you want....

Comment

Ive seen people that have taken tube, made an arch over the tire where they want it then a piece of tube along the hood then fill in between with sheet metal from the original fender.
                        Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

yea thats basically what this was but it had diamondplate to fill it in....

Comment

eww diamond plate
                            Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

what u was talking about

everyones fav. guy
                              http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/x...enders-432269/

another
                              http://colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=97156

now go make some
                              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
                              X