Fox 2.0 air shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox 2.0 air shocks

anybody on here ever do a fox 2.0 air shock setup in the rear of a jeep grand cherokee ZJ or can i consider myself one of the first people to try this mod. just completed the project.

Description:

Custom made 2 shock hoops from 1.5 inch round steel.
    Custom made 4 brackets with gussets that were then welded to the frame
    the shock hoops were then welded to the brackets as well as bolted in areas for added strength due to the added stress on this area.
    the floor was obviously cut out in this entire area to fit the brackets, hoops, etc.
    the wheel wells were also cut out where the shocks would be coming through with enough room forward and back, side to side where the shocks would move during flex.
    custom paneling will then be made to again cover all the holes as best as possible while still having the shock come through and allowing for movement (coming this week)

tell me what you think.

thanks,
    -Ryan
    1994 jeep grand cherokee. Totaled in an accident in 2010 from the stupidity of another driver. Brought back to life by the determination and hard work of me, myself, and i. too many mods to list. all work was done outside my apartment in a dirt parking spot. It's on 2.5 ton rockwell axles... if you want to know more, ask me... i swear i'm friendly.

I have seen this done before so you can not consider yourself the first. What are the 2.0 weight ratings? Is this a daily driven rig or trail rig? Air shocks are know to fade
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

Not the first but one of the few that I've seen....some interior shots would be cool to see!
      https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
      https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
      94,95,97 ZJ~SOLD 97,97 TJ~SOLD 00' F350~SOLD

Comment

i like the idea, but from those pictures the front susp. is doing absolultely nothing

you need to balance it out

Comment

i'll get some interior pics asap. it's a daily driven rig. no problems as of yet and it's been 2 weeks now. rides soooo much better than it did with coils in the rear and it flexs far better offroad without worry of poppin springs out.
          i have also seen this as well... on cherokees, never a zj though.
          the 2.0 shocks are rated for 500lbs per corner but they just lie to you... this jeep weighs 585 per corner and they are only charged to 300psi... they can take over 500psi
          1994 jeep grand cherokee. Totaled in an accident in 2010 from the stupidity of another driver. Brought back to life by the determination and hard work of me, myself, and i. too many mods to list. all work was done outside my apartment in a dirt parking spot. It's on 2.5 ton rockwell axles... if you want to know more, ask me... i swear i'm friendly.

Comment

and... the front suspension does plenty... the sway bar was still hooked up b/c i didn't bother for that small of a rock.

Comment

i was wondering how air shocks were on the road. no excessive body roll?

why not on the front too?
              2 tj's
              3 yj's
              2 xj's
              i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

haven't done them in the front yet because this is a slow build up project. i'm a college student with no money, so i slowly do what i can with it. no excessive body roll on the road... only slightly more than it had with the coils in the rear. they ride great on the road. much smoother ride than the coils ever were. i will probably do the 2.5 series in the front or coil overs in the front next year. first i plan to do rock rails, bumpers, and full roll cage though.

Comment

i would throw bumps and limiting straps on those, they are known to unload and get damaged by over extending and bottoming out .

also seems weird to see air shocks on a stock bodied zj. lets see some wheelin shots!
                  "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i plan to throw some bumps in when money allows for it. so far i can't seem to bottom them out. limiting straps are coming soon. i'll get some wheelin shots as soon as i get the time from college and work.

Comment

so, i already swapped out the air shocks for some coil overs and i'd have to say that it performs sooo much better. the air shocks ended up being too influenced by the changes in temperature that we experience here in good old new england. i love the new coil overs and i will get pics soon.

Comment

AH HA! So you're the one i always see in the parking garage at westconn!

I saw the air-shocks and then later the coil-overs. was wondering how they both ride.
                        "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                        It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

yeah... that would be me. haha. the airshocks gave the smoothest ride but when it got cold they sat too low and bottomed out on bumps. when i went wheelin with them it was cold out and i couldn't bear to keep going after they bottomed out on the easiest of obstacles. the coilovers are excellent. they never bottom out, no matter what i throw at them, and a stiff ride, but nice. practically zero body roll through corners, etc. i don't run a rear sway bar due to the axle swap, so a good stiff ride helps.

Comment

here are the new coilovers:

Comment

any wheeling shots?
                              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
                              X