Chevy rebuild, any takers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy rebuild, any takers?

Hey all, I got a 4 bolt Chevy 350 in need of a rebuild... I don't have time to do it so I figured I would ask if anyone wants to help me out and rebuild it for me.

Lemme know

Thanks guys!

What actually needs to be done to it? Are you planning on machining it or just honing and reringing or what?
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

well it runs really good, problem is my oil pressure is running low about 18 lbs. (it dont move at all with increased RPM) (MIGHT BE BAD SWITCH). but its begun to leak oil from the pan, heads preaty much everywhere except the reat main. so i just wanted to do a basic rebuild nothing fancy. if i dont need to send the block out i dont really want to but never know till you get inside. i would love to do it i just dont have any time sadly, if i did do it, with the weather... how long can you leave the engine open without any flash rust or damage ?

Comment

Originally posted by jdanthony View Post
        well it runs really good, problem is my oil pressure is running low about 18 lbs. (it dont move at all with increased RPM) (MIGHT BE BAD SWITCH). but its begun to leak oil from the pan, heads preaty much everywhere except the reat main. so i just wanted to do a basic rebuild nothing fancy. if i dont need to send the block out i dont really want to but never know till you get inside. i would love to do it i just dont have any time sadly, if i did do it, with the weather... how long can you leave the engine open without any flash rust or damage ?
        Not very long. If you oil everything once its apart and cover it, weather pending maybe the week. So really, just to reseal and check everything. Thats not too big a deal.
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
        www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Definitely put mistery oil down the cylinders if you plan on leaving it out because if you get water in there and rust a ring = big waste of time. I wouldn't recommend leaving it out however
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

thanks guys,,,, today she started to die,,, my alternator took a crap,, then my battery died ,,, so tomororw gonna replace that and maybe paint some parts why they are off to preserve them. gonna put the new valve covers on too cause they are leaking a lil bit.. gonna start cleaning it up so later when i do tear it down its not too bad...

Comment

there is a great machine shop in branford i use he is a little high end on the price but thats cause he is legit one of the best, built my lt1 and it put 502 rwhp on just motor lol.
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

fizzy ,, thanks ill have to give them a call ..

Comment

if the motor runs good and just leaks oil, fix the leaks. you can do it all with the motor in the truck. the oil pressure sender is a pain to get to but not all that bad
                  up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                  eliminator MJ - Sold
                  99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                  Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Working...
                  X