Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
    dicks
    excuse me..
    XJ
    MJ
    Buick??

Comment

LMAO yes we made it home in one peace..
      It was a spur of the moment thing. We said screw it. When we got there, He was pissed that the shit was all rusted out. Long trip for no reason.. almost.. We found what was left of there tube in ok shape, loaded up and got on the road to get home so i could have a quiet night with the women.. Instead i got home late and got bitched at. So next time we are up there, hopefully again soon, we will make a better attempt to say HI. Sorry for the run and go.

XJ
      MJ
      Buick??

Comment

Did you go with DOM or HREW? What'd they charge you per foot?
        88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Steve, like Pete said. We got 1.75x.120 HREW and it was $3.30 a foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide-J View Post
            Did you go with DOM or HREW? What'd they charge you per foot?
            HREW. 1 5/8 .134 wall? or 130 wall? and 1 3/4 .125 wall.
            Dont know what it cost. Was not my job to pay for it. just drive LOL. Was WAY cheaper than what we get here so the drive was well worth it for what we got. Also hit the bargin tent.. That was a bad move.. 300lbs added to the tube cost.. Not a bad place but the mud and the fact that everything was basically rusted was not my first choice but the price totally was worth the drive, getting bitched at from the women, and the hour or so it will take to scrub down each length. The 1 3/4 was all clean but i need to get a die for it now. Ill atleast be able to bend up now almost anything so again well worth the trip.
            Next time, We will plan it and make a little M&G
            XJ
            MJ
            Buick??

Comment

I'm just curious...

Where do you guys get your tubing on the Island?

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                I'm just curious...

please introduce yourself in the newbie forum. thx
                Originally posted by Fast Orange
                if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Ruecifur View Post
                  please introduce yourself in the newbie forum. thx
                  What a nice guy you are Mike, always helping out with informative advice.
                  You're a ___________

Comment

Originally posted by Danksters View Post
                    What a nice guy you are Mike, always helping out with informative advice.
                    lets just hope no one asks you to engineer a tranny crossmember
                    Originally posted by Fast Orange
                    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                      I'm just curious...

From the rack in my fawking garage!
                      HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                      OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

I got a qoute from Mid City Steel in Bozrah, CT about 2 months ago. It was $9 and change per foot of 1.75x.120 wall DOM. Needless to say I will be driving to logan steel when I can afford tube.
                        Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
                        2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
                        2009 Pontiac G8 GT
                        2004 Z1000
                        1999 TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Toreadorranger View Post
                          I got a qoute from Mid City Steel in Bozrah, CT about 2 months ago. It was $9 and change per foot of 1.75x.120 wall DOM. Needless to say I will be driving to logan steel when I can afford tube.
                          wow thats expensive. I was quoted 5.50 per foot for the sam size DOM

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                            wow thats expensive. I was quoted 5.50 per foot for the sam size DOM
                            From where?

I like Midcity but at the same time they arent very good. They have decent prices if its in stock. I have bought alot of square tube, sheet and plate from them. If its in the warehouse its not bad. But I needed 2 feet of 6061 3" solid aluminum stock, they qouted me 160 cause they dont have it onsite. McMaster had it shipped to my door for 65. They can get 1.75x.095 wall for a decent price, but I really need the .120 wall.
                            Last edited by Toreadorranger; 09-25-2009, 07:52 AM.
                            Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
                            2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
                            2009 Pontiac G8 GT
                            2004 Z1000
                            1999 TJ

Comment

Working...
                            X