No announcement yet.

Finally making those long arms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't know eye to eye meaurements off the top of my head. i'm really not supposed to say that stuff, but i'll look and shoot you a PM at some point in the week. cause chances are, i'll forget.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
      don't know eye to eye meaurements off the top of my head. i'm really not supposed to say that stuff, but i'll look and shoot you a PM at some point in the week. cause chances are, i'll forget.
      Thanks, i just need a reference point to get a general idea location. If you can't say, don't risk getting in trouble.
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

They were listed on their site a while back.

Comment

Long arms done yet ?

Comment

Ill be getting a job on feb 12 when i turn 18 and when it's official, im gonna use the money i have saved up to buy the joints and all the other bracketry, IF i decide to start building them over winter, they should be ready to go in during early spring.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Quick question, I think my superflex joints on my uppers are beat to shit cause i haven't greased them in over a year, should i keep them where they are going to connect to lowers or should i use a rubber end?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I wouldn't use SF joints personally but if you're talking about where the upper arm meets the lower use rubber.

SF joints just wear out too quickly. Mine in my short arms lasted 2 years and have been wheeled on maybe 6 times. Wills are worn out in his TNT arms too. Think about currie joints?
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

I wouldn't use SF joints personally but if you're talking about where the upper arm meets the lower use rubber.

SF joints just wear out too quickly. Mine in my short arms lasted 2 years and have been wheeled on maybe 6 times. Wills are worn out in his TNT arms too. Think about currie joints?

Comment

agreed, avoid SF joints
                    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                    Originally posted by DizzDizz
                    aliens probed my husband

Comment

im using jhonny joints at the xmember, and yes im talking about where the upper bolts to the lower

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Does anyone know any info on the re adjustable uppers on what size joints/pitch they use on their superflex joints? Looking to replace them with these:

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...63_p_1646.html

Any tips on where/what type of joint i should use for the upper to lower connection are greatly welcome.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I would think you would want to use a bushing for where the upper and lower arms meet

Comment

Hokay, so i'm getting ready to put in my order on ballistic, and just to make sure everything is how i planned to work i pulled one of the uppers. It is deff. a re adjustable arm, but the joint looks shot, gonna see if i can tighten it a bit.

If i do proceed to put a poly bushing on the upper to lower connection, does anyone know if i can just pull the super flex joint out and throw in a poly/rubber bushing in it's place?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Why not buy brand new currie Johnny Joints? theyre cheap like 40 bucks each...
                              89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                              95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                              97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                              If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Scratch what I said earlier, use a joint to connect the upper to the lower

Comment

Working...
                                X