Project "Rocky Mountain"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project "Rocky Mountain"

So I was bored this afternoon, and decided I'd post my TJ transformation starting from stock to whatever I decide in it's future. I'll try to update as much as possible, and whenever I make any additions to the jeep. Enjoy.

I told the dealership it had to be a 6 speed manual, hardtop, 4.0, and preferably not be a base model. They called me up and said they found one and told me to come look at it. I immediately liked the painted to match fender flares, and the fact that it was a black hard top. It also had nicely covered seats which you don't see too often in wranglers, because it was a rocky mountain edition. My guy at the dealership even told me I could take it home for the night! I did a little research and found out that RME wranglers come standard with a D44. This was the one! Here she is the day I bought her.

It was a cute little jeep, but resembled the barbie beach cruzer a little too much, and the modding would soon start!
    2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

First on the mod list was some tires. I hate TJ's with stock tires.....even if you can't afford a lift, it needs bigger tires than the stock ones. I didn't have too much money at the time, but a freind had a set of 31" MTR's laying around that he said he'd sell me for 50$! They didn't have a lot of tread, but the price was right.

31" MTR's on stock TJ

2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Next up.....a suspension lift!

I got a smokin deal on a brand new rancho 3 inch lift. It's a really complete lift kit and comes with EVERYTHING you would ever need including an adjustable trac bar, and sway bar quick discos. (plus, the red is purdy!) The guy bought it new but never installed it, so I got the kit with 4 Rancho RS5000 shocks for 600$! I also installed an advance adapters SYE kit and a Tom Woods custom driveshaft shortly after the lift.

Stance shot

Now it's finally starting to get away from it's barbie-eske image and look like a mans jeep!

Comment

After smashing up the factory bumper, I traded it out for this nice bestop highrock bumper. I've read reviews that it's nearly indestructable, and has a mount for a winch which I plan on getting in the future.

Comment

thats a clean lookin rig
          4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

your control arms =

Comment

The one thing it was still missing at the moment was obviously bigger tires. My plan all along was to do the 3 inch lift with a set of 33's. After seeing what a 35" tire was capable of on a freinds jeep, I figure I might as well go big or go home, and I would prob want to upgrade to 35's in the future anyways, so I did it.

I found a set of 35x14.5 R15 thornbirds with about 70% tread for 200$. Despite all the thornbird bashers, I bought them. Haha

I also got a set of Procomp 1069 Series rims on sale for buy 3 get one, so shipped to my door I paid 400$ for them!!

I even removed the stock spare tire for you guys! I was gonna do it anyways though sooner or later though. The jeep is finally starting to transform into the monster I dreamed about.

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                your control arms =

Hahahahaha, thats funny! They are pretty funky, but they've held up so far.

Comment

Recently went wheeling at a relatively local spot with 2 freinds with XJ's. Lot's of rock climbing and off-camber situations along with about half the trail being a dried up 2 foot deep stream bed, so lots of flex too. It's a great testing ground...little bit of everything there.

It was a great time and it showed me my weak spots.......not enough bump stop (obviously) and open diffs. Overall the jeep did awesome, climbing up steep rock surfaces and rocky hillsides with little problems. The kids I were with were pretty impressed too. There was only one spot where I had to squeeze in between a tree and a big rock, going up a steep incline, and I couldn't do it because I had open diffs. I'd get halfway past the tree and the tires would spin. I even took out my drivers mirror on that damn tree

Anyways, a few shots from that day. Next time I'll get more!

Comment

To bad you digraced it with Thornturds and Procomp Rims. Other than that its nice.
                    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

this jeep is really nice, i like it. there is so much damn tire tho
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Rausch creek pics

Here are a few of the pics from my Rausch Creek trip on 3/21/09. I have about 50 in total but I tried to narrow them down to the most interesting ones, so here they are!

Heres the motel 6

This is with the 2 inch spacers up front. Made a HUGE difference in the flexing.

Comment

This was on the yellow jacket course along with the next pic

Playing in the comp course

Comment

Screwing around on the RTI ramp

SICK TJ that was there!

This was where the tracker lost it's front axle I believe. It was a sad day for us all!

And thats it. Theres a bunch more of scenery and other things, but these are the best ones. I have a few videos too when I figure out why my camcorder is not working

Comment

looks awesome dood!!
                              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
                              X