Project Makisupa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Makisupa

Well I figured its about time I started the build thread.

Plans:
    built 360
    Ford T-18/TS205 combo
    D44 F/R
    3.73s
    36s
    Springs front/ Mod SF rear

Story:
    Well I picked up a 1984 Grand Waggy off the side of the road in the town next to mine. Paid a little more then I should have but it was an impulse buy that I am glad I didnt let out of my grasp.

It started off minty, and over time, power started to dwindle and I was getting bored of rocking around on the pavement, so I decided to start collecting parts.

About that time, Wide-J was parting out his rig, and captininsano had a set of axles available.

So I grabbed a freshy AMC 360 and a Twin sticked 205 for about 500, and a 14bff for 100.

Swapped the motor in and waited for employment to call my name

After getting it running, registered, and insured, the trans blew up after 3 days

So AGAIN I went on a spending spree and bought

78' Ford t-18 with 1st gear granny with a spare 205 -$150
    LUK clutch matched set - $165.27
    Omix Flywheel- $121.87
    Clutch Fork- $14.95
    Pivot ball- $11.38
    Inner Springs- $1-2 each
    T-176 bellhousing- $169 with shipping
    Pedal assembly- $75
    Clutch Linkages- ??
    AMC/Ford pilot bushing- $21.75

Still have to get:

Straight Shift rod- $35-50
    Custom Driveshafts- ??

Clutch kit came in and of coarse it got damaged in the shipping process, so its being held up again. Sucks, every time I have a day off from work to work on it, its raining. So I have been stuck. Pics will be up soon when I figure out my new camera.
    Last edited by hippie metal; 07-21-2013, 11:33 PM.
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

do want to see a waggy on 38s

this is gona be sick
    97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

So partsmike.com is sending me a brand new clutch kit, so while waiting for that, I ordered the pedal assembly and linkages, pilot bushing

Got the auto brake pedal out without having to remove the entire dash. I just have to fab a return spring for the clutch since I will not have the manual bracket that goes in there

Pictures will be up soon......ish

Comment

Get er done!!!!!

Pics?
        HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
        OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Cant figure out this fucking camera still.

Getting hung up on flywheel bolts. New clutch kit and flywheel didnt come with them. Ordered sets from vatozone and lo and behold. They are no where fucking close to being right!!!! Fuck...

Comment

are they too long?
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
              are they too long?
              Nah. the length is good. Autozone says they are 7/16, 20x1. Threads are spot on, but they are just to thin. Guy from IFSJA said that he used 1/2, 20x1 and they worked fine, so I ordered a set and am now waiting for them to get to me. Then i gotta find pressure plate bolts as well

Comment

Got the correct flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts. But for some reason the clutch fork I previously ordered isn't correct, so I gotta wait for the new one to come in and wait for the boot that goes into the side of bell to seal around the fork.

But flywheel, clutch and pressure plate are set. Still can't figure out this damned camera, But I have many pics to post up once I pass camera retarded-ness

Comment

Can't wait to see some pics man
                  Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Update:

Got the correct bolts, they ended up being 1/2 20 x 1in

Anyway, trans is bolted in all gears shift, and only hits the dash in first gear.

I gotta buy a new Trans mount for the T-18 and make it work with my stock X-member

Have driveshafts made, get a CJ starter, 3'' springs for the front, 33's and wheel it

Comment

Werd, dood.
                      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                      MK2 Jetta > M3
                      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Tis been awhile, but i have some goodies!!!

It ran, it drove, it semi-wheeled, it.....leaked all over the new clutch and destroyed it..faulty front pump seal, so whilst pulling that out i went ahead and did this to my bank account.

Don't have a picture of the 3 angle valve job I had done, or the new timing cover so i stopped pissing coolant

Still waiting on the 4bbl non egr edelbrock intake to come in, then its new clutch, flywheel, rebuild trans, and put it all back together.

Decided to hold off on building the tons for it, selling them off to pay to get it back sooner then later, instead I decided, since my drive train lives higher then the bottom of the rails, to flatbelly the sum bitch, remove the horrible coffin tank, fix whatever rot there is in that area, and throw in a 33 gallon tank in where the spare tire used to be

While everything was out, I did all new brake lines, deleted all the vacuum lines I no longer needed, removed cruise control, and all the 4x4 nonsense from the last T-case. (Which I have for sale, $50 and its yours..NP229), fixed ALL the electrical, power washed all the grease off, also buying new tie rods for both ends, my drivers side has the wobbles so bad its eating my tires
                        Last edited by hippie metal; 10-19-2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Now laid off, time haz found its way back to the jeep. Pics and info to come when im not on my phone

Comment

I had 1 of those carbs on my monty SS and everytime i ripped a donut it stall, i hope yours does better.

Comment

Yea, not really looking foward to dealing with this carb. I'm actually pretty sure that its the reason I cant get this motor to fire, got it for 50 bucks shipped, so I basically picked it up for mock up, I wanna find a nice Holley to run. The truck avenger seems to be the way to go, but its ridiculously poor mpgs.....even though its gonna be pretty poor anyway

Just ordered bushings so I can finish the modified shackle flip in the rear with new alcan springs, heres the build thread I scooped the idea off of.

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...t=shackle+flip

Picked up a set of Deavers for the front, should sit around 3.5''-4.5" of lift, which is better than I would have ended up with with the regular TTfabworks SF. Replaced front shock towers with F-150 towers so I can run a 12'' travel shock. Contemplating cutting up my trunk and running shock hoops out back, but not sure. I'll take some pictures on the next sunny day so feed the "itis"

Comment

Working...
                              X