X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project G.I Tracker

here is the link from old SiS
    http://mrmontez2000.proboards70.com/...ay&thread=9573

As it stands now, the tracker is really making some progress. we are still fine tuning the suspension and contemplating a new crossmember to mount the shocks too. we are thinking of triangulating them as well. The tracker is now spooled in the rear as well. 125 bucks from rocky-road. it was installed last night. New longer shocks came in today so that is our newest project. As of now, the thing is ready to go and plan on bringing it to rausch in march. This weekend I want to finish the paint, and figure out what is going on with tthe shocks. some pics.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

that bumper looks pretty sweet! I love this build.
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

Comment

i to love this build, im waiting till the lift kit for our samurai comes in this week, and ill have a sweet mini rig buildup
      dirty30

Comment

ok well we got some problems......it seems like i have grenaded the front dif on the tracker. time for a solid axle swap. for the front i think we are going to go with a dana 30 or minitruck axles. however, I cant get any gears 4.88 or lower for a dana 30 so a 44 is looking like a good option. we are thinking of converting the rear to leafs, as well as the front, and running a rear 44. while doing this, we will move the rear axle back a little and the front axle forward a little. than driveshafts are an issue, but we are going to test random sized ones we got layin around. if anyone has any opinions or suggestions let me know. oh and we are also doorless now

Comment

i got a 44 front for you time to get this thing going for more than 5 feet up a trailer! lemme know if you wanna borrow anything... i got an assload of driveshafts too everything from jeep to ford and some chevy ones laying around too... or if you get a long one... neil can shorten it for you for $100 and balance it

Comment

sweet sounds good dude.....as of now i think im going with a sami front axle and keep the rear. much easier to swap and we are going to make it front and rear leafs. it may not flex as well but some boomerangs could help that. I think yj leafs are in the mic so if anyone has any let me know

Comment

are them doors olive drab, like "army green"... if so where'd you find that paint. i want to paint my jeep that color
              #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

we found the paint at wal mart, rattle can, i forget what brand it was tho
                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

i think its krylon camo. they have brown black and the green.

and squinty eyes for taking my ideas

Comment

wasent tryin to take your idea ive been wantin to paint it army green for a wile, just happened to see the doors.... r you gonna do the whole thing like that once its done?
                    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

why is it that the front flexes no more than a hummer? I like the rear flex though
                      99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

haha thanks justin!! and joe i was just playin around I dont care haha

Comment

I want a mini-rig so bad

Comment

I want to build a sammi or tracker too. It would be quite
                            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

we just got the spoa kit for our samurai from sky manu., its ballin, even though they forgot to send us the perches, oh well, they gave upgraded our crossover steering to full high steer for 100 bucks and shipped it out with the perches so i cant complain
                              dirty30

Comment

Working...
                              X