Firearm Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

Then they dropped me off at the shop and I put it all together. The 1894 'Urban' Cowboy Limited

Right now the gun hold 8 rounds of the LeverEvolution in the magazine tube, but the 9th round goes in 7/8 of the way. I'm going to try and squeeze that ninth round in there by either trimming the magazine spring just the slightest or the follower itself to make it an even 9+1 in the chamber.

I do plan on rebluing the gun itself with a Matte .
    Ive been loving my 1894, i went with the long gun, i had the option of the cowboy tho, but mines 45LC, how smooth are the actions on these? My gun was unfired and its still alittle clunky after 100 rounds compared to our 3030 marlin
    Last edited by StompJrKz400; 06-14-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• The newer ones are going to be a bit clunky, you definitely have to smooth them out.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

The newer ones are going to be a bit clunky, you definitely have to smooth them out.
        When u say "you" do you mean me? Or a qualified gunsmith ?

I had no problem smoothing the action on a few han guns and 22s, but i dont wanna ruin this gun

Comment

• Did some polishing today.

sigpic

Comment

• Finished it up.

And with the rest of the family...

sigpic

Comment

• well this thread is of interest to me!! seems you are ahead of the game with the lever guns here in CT since that's about all we can get now

what are your thoughts on a lever action in 300BLK with a can? i want to make one, the nose to primer feeding of the tube isn't something i like but just means i'd have to load round or flat nose bullets, maybe just a soft basaltic tip?

i mostly play with the ARs, AKs, few hand guns and mostly the NFA stuff like machine guns, suppressors and grenade launchers. i like to think of them as the Ferrari's and Porsche of the gun world.

last 2 things i built before the state went ghey

and my Bulgy Krink on a Norinco Pre-ban 5.56 receiver i had built. i usually do my own AK work but this one was too much cutting, welding, machining, and relocation holes i paid a guy. very good work

Comment

• If you want a lever action in 300 blackout, get a Browning BLR. They are box magazine fed and one can probably be rebarreled with minimal effort. I personally despise the Browning BLR, but it's personal preference.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sardo_67 View Post
                  i mostly play with the ARs, AKs, few hand guns and mostly the NFA stuff like machine guns, suppressors and grenade launchers. i like to think of them as the Ferrari's and Porsche of the gun world.
                  I didn't notice this the first time, it actually made me laugh uncontrollably.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hmmm. Ill have to look into that lever gun. Now what can I use for the 300BLK barrel? Modify one from an AR or Rem700?

Comment

• Originally posted by sardo_67 View Post
                      Hmmm. Ill have to look into that lever gun. Now what can I use for the 300BLK barrel? Modify one from an AR or Rem700?

No.

The easiest way to do it is to find a BLR in a sub 30 caliber then remove the barrel and send it out for reboring. You'll also have to modify the bolt head and extractor.

It's a lot of work for something like that, you're better off with a bolt action anyway.
                      sigpic

Comment

No.

The easiest way to do it is to find a BLR in a sub 30 caliber then remove the barrel and send it out for reboring. You'll also have to modify the bolt head and extractor.

It's a lot of work for something like that, you're better off with a bolt action anyway.
                        i see..... guess i need a 45cal can and get a lever gun is something like 44 or 45. i like them massive subsonic bullets, they are fun.

Comment

• there ins't so much "building" in the AR world as it's just attaching one thing to another but i put this guy together a few years ago for some reason. no idea why but i started buying all the parts so....

all the parts are legit, SGW pre-ban lower, Colt M4 SOCOM upper, LMT M-203 40mm grenade launcher, Trijicon M4RCO, PEQ-15, Sure Fire light on the other side with the dual switch on this side. kind of seen is the Gemtech HALO suppressor.

the AK platform actually take some abilities to make, well to make a good one anyway. back when the kits were cheap and easy to get when i was out in AZ i put a few together with the screw method. (no pics of those)

after coming back to CT i had access to the shop i used to work at and my bro currently did so i could redo them all with rivets and i picked up a few more kits. now that CT is completely retarded i can't get any more new shit so i've given up on building more AKs, also they aren't cheap anymore

numbers matching Bulgarian AK-74 kit on an NDS receiver. not 100% complete but mostly done

first one i did when i was out in AZ, all original Polish WZ88 Tantal that was a used de-mil kit so it had the original barrel. my first build was a pretty shotty screw set up but hey it worked well for me. i redid it for CT and douched it up then sold it to a buddy in another state so he still has it there.

put together this upper a while back, 300 BLK barrel with a Voltor MUR-1 upper, Vortex cheap red dot (good quality actually) and i can't remember the rail maker. but ehh it shoots. smith enterprise .30cal can on the end, it's long and heavy as fuck so i don't like it. the first suppressor i bought that was a pain in the ass due to the manufacturer being a douchebag.

another upper i had for like a week hahah.
                          bought an old ZM Weapons upper and folding stock kit for.... well i have no idea and then had the guys at JoJos in southington cut the barrel down to just over 11in and re-thread it. put a cheap A2 type flash hider on there and my HALO. worked well but since there was no buffer tube it made using other uppers on my SBR a pain in the ass so i sold it. broke even.

one of my favorites is this here, my brothers Springfield M1A pre-ban, LRB 18.5 barrel instilled by them and a few other things sitting in my Sage Int EBR chassis that i've had since 2006, was one of the first things i bought after Iraq. i changed a few things around on it and messed with the stock a bit, i like the Navy SEAL gray look with the longer 3 and 9 rails with the USMC type 2 piece tan hand guard.

7.26 is so much now i haven't shot this in a while and i'm not set up to reload it quite yet. but hey, at least it looks cool.
                          Last edited by sardo_67; 07-29-2013, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X