No announcement yet.

Monkey's New Rock-et

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good eye for detail there Burton58 I thought TJ's had coils but then I am new to the Jeep thing, not sure I quite understand yet
    If you can buy the parts in a store, is it realy custom?
    -T.M.

Plans: dodge bullets.

Comment

for the front, just spring over with waggy springs (moves axle 2 inch forwards). spring over is the best thing you can do for the front of your jeep. cheap/easy and it will ride nice and flex for days. your in willi so i would go down to smiths 4x4 on rt 32 in franklin and pick up a set of waggy axles (some even have the springs still attached). as for the rear, i would 4 link it with stock TJ coils (captured at both ends). i have seen a cj on this exact setup and it works fantastic.

where in willi are you? im in baltic btw
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Goin' on down to southpark

Re: where in Willimantic

just arround the corner from the Frog Bridge (uphill side)
        -T.M.

Comment

!@#$% AXLEs

Ok, i feel stupid, what vehicles can i look under for front axles with pumpkins on the left side for my Why J?

I want something tuff, but all the good deals i find online have the Pkin on the right hand side

81+up Wagoneer>1 1/4 ton?
          -T.M.

Comment

its about availability of parts, waggys are common axles and are good ones for a 36" tire.

they are the right width and are easy to put under a yj
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

One raised eyebrow.

Muh jeep looks funny! I did the highline to the drivers side today and ran out of time so it looks like it has one eyebrow raised. I'll be raising the other fender on saturday and hopefully doing some work on the comp cut too. hope it stays warm for the next few days so the gaping holes I'm gonna cut in it don't freeze me on my way to work.
              -T.M.

Comment

Highside done and front flair tubes on Pics

Finished high side on p/s friday and spent sunday fabbing up some flairs on the front.

Theese should keep the cops off my front end at least.
                Next the comp cut...
                Last edited by trained.monkey; 02-22-2009, 06:23 PM. Reason: wrong pic
                -T.M.

Comment

i might have to convince you to help me makes some of those
                  1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

get those 36s on the front now, i wanna see what that thing looks like.

Comment

No prob

Originally posted by Jeepbonehead View Post
                      i might have to convince you to help me makes some of those
                      I'd be glad to help, cost about 50$ in materials and took all day 9am - 7pm but most of that was figuring out how. Next pair should go faster.

Materials needed:
                      20'@ sched 40 1" HREW tube
                      3' @ 1" x 1/8" wall square tube.
                      6" @ 2X3/16 strap
                      6" @ 1x1/8 strap 4
                      4 @ 1.25" 3/8" dia bolts and fender nuts
                      2 @ 3/8" washers
                      4 @ 1/16" tig welding rods
                      2 @ 4 1/2" cut off wheels
                      1" @ 4 1/2" flap wheel (80 grit)
                      2 @ stock jeep fender bolts (bottom bolt hole from highside) to align to body.

Optional: 1/8" diamond/ flat plate to finish flat tops to stock fender. ( not quite done with mine yet) using rubber / plastic on trailing edge since the tube makes for a nice step.
                      -T.M.

Comment

Re: Jeep Creep

Originally posted by Jeep Creep View Post
                        get those 36s on the front now, i wanna see what that thing looks like.
                        need rims for em first.
                        -T.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
                          some magazine did 40" tires with no lift on a wrangler. didn't look that horrible either
                          i have that issue it was jp magazine.

Comment

skin those and put some big tires on your jeep, stat!

Comment

TIRES

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                              skin those and put some big tires on your jeep, stat!
                              I got off my ass and skinned the new rims and mounted my new (to me) tires yesterday. Today's snow was excuse enough to put them on and have them ballanced since I had a supprise day off.

Learned a new trail trick too, the fender beaces leftover from the high side mod make a good set of tire spoons.
                              Last edited by trained.monkey; 03-02-2009, 07:31 PM. Reason: photo nosho
                              -T.M.

Comment

Thats sweet. Do you have any side shots with the 36s?
                                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X