No announcement yet.

The HeavyMetal Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Informative. I was always under the impression that Maxxis was a smaller, American Company. Oh well, the more you know.

Originally posted by ne14jpn View Post
    Your crazy if anything but KM2's, projects or closed course tires end up on that thing

I also can't believe this went unnoticed.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      Very Informative. I was always under the impression that Maxxis was a smaller, American Company. Oh well, the more you know.

mb...you're right!
      -Erik
      Miller Motorsports #4421 : 1st Overall - 2010 Ultra4 IEC Series , 2010 Line Mtn. Race Series
      Thanks to: BFGoodrich, Spidertrax, The Axle Exchange, Metro Printing & Promo, North Jersey Jeep Club, CTM, RadFlo Shocks, Schwanke Engines, HeavyMetalConcepts, EMS Offroad

Comment

• KRTs are the krawlers with no sidelugs right? At least thats what the site says. I would rather have krawlers honestly for what i do. KRTs would be great on a desert truck more than an ultra 4 rig. But this is just an armchair ultra 4 driver talking

Comment

• Originally posted by crosbike View Post
          KRTs are the krawlers with no sidelugs right? At least thats what the site says. I would rather have krawlers honestly for what i do. KRTs would be great on a desert truck more than an ultra 4 rig. But this is just an armchair ultra 4 driver talking
          KRT's are gnarley sticky, like red label krawler compound.

The tread pattern has wayyyyy more surface area too, i think out west on dry slick rock they are perfect, but out here idk.... such different environments, i'd be willing to say krawlers do better out east.... but just like you, armchair driver.. for a little while longer anyways.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            hes only allowed cuz hes sponsored
            sponsorship smonsership. I still think you should run kmdueces. that and i'm gonna bust your balls about not running them no matter what.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

woah specs on this?
              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                woah specs on this?

3.5" rustys
                33" MTZs
                some armor
                no Alex

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                I figured I wouldnt be that guy this time. From now on though, right back to it

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                sponsorship smonsership. I still think you should run kmdueces. that and i'm gonna bust your balls about not running them no matter what.
                bastard

when these maxxis wear down im goin back to ol faithful!!
                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                aliens probed my husband

Comment

3.5" rustys
                  33" MTZs
                  some armor
                  no Alex

wow that's ultra gay. What a mall crawler.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                    woah specs on this?
                    broken, leaking and beat to hell. you're welcome
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

• speaking of mall crawler...

i decided to do a bit of a "looks" mod after all this other stuff ive been doing..mainly because it was cheap, easy, and since i got these new crystal headlight housings with the HIDs...

the old signals with the fluted lens were rockin it vintage style...

i bought some "STREET TUNEZ" crystal lights...clear style...but since i dont dig the clear front look, i bought some clear plastic model spray paint with it in the orange variety

Looked like this with the clears

then after i painted it up (damn spray came 2 days later) voila, matches headlights

- Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Will "King of the Bling" Gentile
                        I drive a Datsun

Comment

• those HID's any good with those housings?
                          1999 sierra
                          1967 M725 Big and Slow
                          -Dan

Comment

• Well theyre certainly not projector status but they are a vast improvement over the "oil lanterns" that are normally xj headlights, they have a nice wide pattern to light up the road sides...their reach isnt ridiculous, but it works out because i didnt want obnoxious headlights that blind people anyway....thats what the rest of the lights on my jeep are for, Lol

but yes, id call them a vast improvement over stock
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                              MAXXIS is the american subsidiary for nankang tire co. which I believe is out of tiawan.
                              They used to make bike tires (think BMX) and I remember when maxxis came out for that.
                              looks like from their website that the creepys are made in shanghai china. at least from what I can tell.
                              Im sorry, Im going to have to take part of this back. It is not Nankang. It is Cheng-Shin that I was thinking. They used to make the bicycle tires that you would buy at k-mart etc.
                              I have thought that Nankang was part of the Cheng-Shin rubber company but I cant find anything to prove that.
                              Dan.
                              2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                              www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• hi my name is will gentile, and i am a ballerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

for serious tho, i like i threw clear bulbs behind mine, cuz im ghetto
                                Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Working...
                                X