No announcement yet.

The HeavyMetal Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How well did you prep the back for the herc? I prepped the shit out of mine and it still peeled up on my grey jeep.

oh and x2 maxxis makes bike tarz. i got a few slicks of theres kicking around

Comment

• Originally posted by crosbike View Post
      How well did you prep the back for the herc? I prepped the shit out of mine and it still peeled up on my grey jeep.

oh and x2 maxxis makes bike tarz. i got a few slicks of theres kicking around
      im afraid of it peeling to be honest, but oh well

we roughed up a lot of the surface with some 35 grit sandpaper, but not all of it...the rest was just basic prep with a wheel and 60grit paper.

i was told as long as i dont expose too much water to it i should be fine, which shouldnt be too big of a deal in the back hatch area. but im still worried for the same reason you said
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

• If it starts to peel I'm going to be furious. We prepped the fucking shit out of that metal.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post

No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• looks like a leaf sprung 44 and baja claws. should have found an older pic
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
              Maxxis runs their own deal, theyre HUGE (22,000 employees)

based out of asia, but obviously have a large american operations presence

i am not sure where their plants are for specialty tires like creepies

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
              MAXXIS is the american subsidiary for nankang tire co. which I believe is out of tiawan.
              They used to make bike tires (think BMX) and I remember when maxxis came out for that.
              looks like from their website that the creepys are made in shanghai china. at least from what I can tell.
              Thats really a shame, Manbang i mean Nankang tires suck, we sold those all the time at my old work and people thought they were getting cheap high performance tires but they were really just getting cheap tires. Ever since i worked at Town Fair Tire i decided that i would never buy non main stream brand tires again and really try to stick to made in the USA tires. You can really see the difference in quality, and life of the tire etc.

I know Maxxis are good tires but it really sucks that they are part of a crapy company like Nankang.

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
              They still make bike tires, I have a set of Maxxis Minion DHs for my MTB.
              You are right, i had maxxis hookworms on my old bike.
              Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

• as far as I am aware, they are not one and the same. maxxis isnt just a sub-brand for america

Cheng Shin Rubber is the name of the actual business maxxis operates under globally

Nankang is another show altogether.

I just made a commercial for Maxxis and the guy's boss who was giving the OK didnt even speak english, and was internationally based under Maxxis. I will ask next time I speak with them on the phone.

Maxxis was founded in Taiwan in 1967, and is today one of the largest and most respected tire companies in the world. Operating in Asia, Europe, North America and South America, Maxxis distributes its products in approximately 170 countries and employs more than 22,000 people.
                Maxxis is a brand name of tires of Cheng Shin Rubber. Maxxis has its American headquarters in Suwanee, Georgia, with other U.S. facilities in California and Texas. Internationally, Maxxis has facilities in Taiwan, China, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, Germany, and Canada. They produce tires for automotive, light truck, motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle, bicycle, karting, and industrial applications. In the United States, all Maxxis karting tires are distributed by Goldspeed USA.
                Cheng Shin Rubber Ind. Co., Ltd., d/b/a Maxxis International is how they are listed on the Maxxis site. D/B/A is doing business as.

- Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Cheng Shin makes inner tubes and small equipment tires as well. I used to sell them when i worked for the small engine shop. I think Maxxis is a more than proven tire in the offroad world so who makes them doesnt bother me in the least oh and as for you gettin creepys...

RIGHT ON BRO....RIGHT ON

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                    a novel idea gone terrbily awry
                    dirty30

Comment

• Your crazy if anything but KM2's, projects or closed course tires end up on that thing
                      -Erik
                      Miller Motorsports #4421 : 1st Overall - 2010 Ultra4 IEC Series , 2010 Line Mtn. Race Series
                      Thanks to: BFGoodrich, Spidertrax, The Axle Exchange, Metro Printing & Promo, North Jersey Jeep Club, CTM, RadFlo Shocks, Schwanke Engines, HeavyMetalConcepts, EMS Offroad

Comment

• Originally posted by ne14jpn View Post
                        Your crazy if anything but KM2's, projects or closed course tires end up on that thing
                        Get me into business with BFG like I am with Maxxis and then I would GLADLY run projects

Good thing you dont run 35" B compounds, you'd wake up to some cinderblocks friday mornin
                        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Seeeee!!!!! I'm not the only one!!!! get KMduecers, they kick ass!!!!

lol. or make BFG make a 35" KRT!!!!
                          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                            Seeeee!!!!! I'm not the only one!!!! get KMduecers, they kick ass!!!!

lol. or make BFG make a 35" KRT!!!!
                            hes only allowed cuz hes sponsored

and there ARE 35" KRTs 'tis what im talking about..prob not b-compounds though, haha
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• KRTs are so sweet, but honestly creepies make me shibber
                              dirty30

Comment

• Mmm KRTs are sexy.
                                Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Working...
                                X