• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glad you finally manned up

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• wait, so are you gonna wd40 it??

:P

heavy is looking mighty fine...it felt good to sit in my seat today it's been way too long
      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
        You mean to tell me Paint doesn't stick to WD40????? NO WAIIIIIIII.
        i wasn't insulting his intelligence by saying that. I was just reinforcing the idea that a LITTLE wd 40 will cause the paint to fuck up if ALL of it isn't removed.
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
          i wasn't insulting his intelligence by saying that. I was just reinforcing the idea that a LITTLE wd 40 will cause the paint to fuck up if ALL of it isn't removed.
          i got ya

if we do go the WD route we are probably only going to sparingly use it on the outside tube work, and then scrub that baby clean when ready for paint

i may forgo it entirely and just clean up the little surface rust it gets after the trip, id say 50% of the rigs out there are unpainted as-is, i am only concerned about the haul of the jeep
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            i got ya

if we do go the WD route we are probably only going to sparingly use it on the outside tube work, and then scrub that baby clean when ready for paint

i may forgo it entirely and just clean up the little surface rust it gets after the trip, id say 50% of the rigs out there are unpainted as-is, i am only concerned about the haul of the jeep
            I liked seeing the west coast rigs at RCrocs race with their toobs all rusty. A little taste of the east coast to bring back to their sticky rock having, rust free, snow free homes
            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

• when you're gonna paint it, just hit it with some brake cleaner in a rag and bye bye WD
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                when you're gonna paint it, just hit it with some brake cleaner in a rag and bye bye WD
                actually a pretty good idea

good call...
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• I'm a thinker. It's what i do.
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• I think even Jerry Bransford would approve

Eh, probably not
                    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

• I really hate to be "that guy", but im not a fan on the transition from exo to inner on the rear of the jeep, from a outside view, it kinda looks like the cage is half done without looking on the inside.
                      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

• Not sure what you mean, the rear "transition" is just an inch of tube above the roofline going through the roof
                        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

It's hard to explain, you can tell it's a exo from the front end work, but since you can't see the rear portion (vertical tube work?) it looks like there should be more showing. This is as if seen from a distance, or a quick take

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

• he means the hybrid looks like there is an outer halo in the rear with no D pillar (cause it's internal)
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Well to each his own I suppose, not taking offense, but its a pretty "standard" design as far as all hybrid cages go on the exterior

a rear external D-pillar would be a massive eye-sore IMO
                              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Well to each his own I suppose, not taking offense, but its a pretty "standard" design as far as all hybrid cages go on the exterior

a rear external D-pillar would be a massive eye-sore IMO
                                Im not saying it's a bad thing, it deff shows that it's a hybrid cage. I always though of having either a full exo, or just inner, but it'll probably flow better once painted.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                                X