No announcement yet.

The HeavyMetal Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice headliner, I chose to do mine in ACU. If you didnt put yours on yet, make sure you do not use headliner glue....that shit sucks and doesnt hold. I used 3M Spray glue and I also got Pop Rivet looking things from Staples (I cant remember the name of them for the life of me). I think they add a cool touch but also keep the headliner up pretty well.
    U.S. Army

Comment

• Originally posted by Slade View Post
      Nice headliner, I chose to do mine in ACU. If you didnt put yours on yet, make sure you do not use headliner glue....that shit sucks and doesnt hold. I used 3M Spray glue and I also got Pop Rivet looking things from Staples (I cant remember the name of them for the life of me). I think they add a cool touch but also keep the headliner up pretty well.
      good info, thanks. i was gonna use 3m spray on (actually i didnt know headliner glue existed, haha)

i was thinkin about a physical attachment like those rivet things too..maybe a good idea afterall..i thought the MARPAT might be a little heavy compared to the normal stuff. prob better to help support it up..ill have to look for it at the store
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

• I like those cage plans, looking good

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
          good info, thanks. i was gonna use 3m spray on (actually i didnt know headliner glue existed, haha)

i was thinkin about a physical attachment like those rivet things too..maybe a good idea afterall..i thought the MARPAT might be a little heavy compared to the normal stuff. prob better to help support it up..ill have to look for it at the store
          Haha yeah it exists, no idea why it does though since it doesnt do its only job.

It will definitely help out with keeping the headliner up if the glue fails. With mine, in cold weather some spots tend to fall down and when it gets warm it tightens back up and looks good. Im glad I have the rivets there to keep it all up.

I remember, they are called CLASPS! HOly shit that was killing me haha. I got brass ones and painted them OD
          U.S. Army

Comment

• I used carpet adhesive, didn't really hold long, parts of it are dropping a bit, some parts are still held on very well
            God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

• Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
              you didn't specify. he has them in the rear still.

Comment

• 3m spray glue is what i used when i did mine too. came out nice

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• I need to give a lot of thanks to Nicole for helping me do this with my badly sprained ankle...we got it done though! what a PAIN. learned a lot of things doing this.

Replaced my headliner. I chose genuine MARPAT as the replacement fabric...thats marine corps pattern digital camo.

My old stuff

Nicole doin some work on the trim

the material out on the lawn

all old headliner out

form fitting...used 3M Super Trim Adhesive for it...fuck that shit, 20 bucks a can, used 2 cans sparingly.

in! minus 2 pieces of trim on the sides and the speaker bar

the speaker bar was tough to skin with this stuff...needed a lot of relief cuts and such, but came out good

Really happy with how it turned out, way better than my old headliner and its very tough stuff
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

• looks cool i guess.

Professional looking job though

Comment

• You and Nicole did a Marvelous Job. LOOKS SO FUCKING BADASS.
                      sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• thanks guys it was definitely a pain...spent our entire afternoon yesterday & basically today finishing it...lots of little pain in the asses, but it looks so much better now...makes the jeep look so much cooler! next up is our new seats
                        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

• The blue colored kind is cooler.

Comment

• just hope it doesn't start to droop in any spots that you didn't apply alot of glue to, only spots mine droops is the rear right behind the dome light.

But that does look bad ass, was it pre-foamed?
                            God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleD View Post
                              just hope it doesn't start to droop in any spots that you didn't apply alot of glue to, only spots mine droops is the rear right behind the dome light.

But that does look bad ass, was it pre-foamed?
                              MARPAT fabric doesn't really...Droop...or stretch...or....anything except be awesome from what I'm told.
                              sigpic
                              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• That looks bad-the-fuck-ass, dude.
                                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                                MK2 Jetta > M3
                                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                                X