project "simplicity"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project "simplicity"

might as well make one of these since everyone else has one.
    here's what i got now

shitty add a leaf lift and 33's. stock axles with 3.05's open/open

i was thinking about doing a spring over with traction bars and other shit buttttttt f that. i'm keeping this as simple as possible but a really kick ass suspension system.

build plans
    axles
    rear - 8.8 31 spine, 4.10's, disks, limited slip (comes set up from the factory this way)

front - d30 outta 4 cyl yj. 4.10's. aussie locker (pretty much factory set up just the addition of the locker)

suspension
    simplicity. no adjustable arm n coil conversion here. but i'm lookin into very high quality leafs. deaver, alcan or if i wanna spend a lil less big offroad. hopefully these top of the line leafs are worth all the hype behind them.

i also have 1" boomerang shackles layin around i'm gonna throw on there.

shocks will be quality but not too expensive. maybe those edlebrock reseviors some of you guys r running.

trac bars r garbage destined but quick disco's up front for added stability.

tires will be kept at 33"s. still pro comps until they wear out

I'm not gonna mess with the steering other than a drop pitman arm until all of this is done and if i see a need. i like the way it is right now and dont really want to mess with it. but if its getting smashed and mangled and snapage i'll upgrade it

the jeep itself isn't going to look much different at all. it might go up an inch maybe. but its getting a kick ass suspension, geared, decently locked, disk brakes, and beefier axles. and it should (hopefully) still drive like a stock jeep as thats the ultimate goal. no clunking or crazy body roll and swaying. i want it to be a nice compromise of a well performing off-roader and when playing is done it gets back on the highway and drives like one off the showroom floor
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

only some 8.8s came with lsd, i just sold one with 4.10s and no lsd
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

the way you use it this will be perfect. get some flex and traction out of the deal but make it road worthy since it will be most of the time. i still have to check out that 8.8 for you at work
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

yea if it'll work that'd be sweet. esp if its 4.10 gears n the right width
        2 tj's
        3 yj's
        2 xj's
        i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

i know someone on here whos got almost 6inches of lift with no sway bars or track bars and he's does fine with on the road with 35's

Comment

Working...
          X