• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puppy! and good work!
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

• Thanks guys! I still got some more to paint. hopefully when there isnt rain in the forecast next week ill get the steering and front axle/dif cover all painted up. and im 99% on painting the quarter guards black. should look pretty baller.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• Since I have pretty much been MIA for the past month, due to a long work schedule and a shitty computer, I figured I would give an update. I ordered an Aussie for the 8.8 yesterday so I will have at least one locker for OER. I really need to fix my exhaust soon too, hopefully by OER. Its keeping me from passing inspection. This thing is driving and working really well. There are only a few more things I want to do to it in the near future and those are a front locker and front bumpstops.

Comment

• Jeep did pretty well at OER but had some issues. AC compressor clutch took a crap on the way down so im bypassing it for now. Ripped my exhaust off...again, so im replacing everything. Just ordered an APN header and a muffler for it. Hopefully going to work on a high clearance exhaust system...somehow. Me and exhausts just dont get along.

Comment

• You still want that 33" spare raper?
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

• Finally got around to replacing the exhaust and I ended up doing an AC compressor delete kit from Dorman. No more seized compressor clutch. I did an APN header with a new downpipe, a universal cat and a Pypes M80 muffler. this thing actually sounds pretty damn good. Its nice to have an exhaust that doesnt sound like a bad fart. definitely gained some power back from the AC delete and the exhaust too.

A few pics.

Comment

• Nice man! I need to do a header too.
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                  Nice man! I need to do a header too.
                  The APN one is nice and only cost 160 bucks. just dont use the manifold gasket they give you

Comment

• I have an apn on mine and used the supplied gasket and it's been on for... about 2to 3 years now and hasn't given me any issues as of yet.

Comment

• Holy crap i havent updated this in a while. But i have some saddening news (at least for me)....the XJ has created another rod knock and im not exactly sure what it is. I definitely dont want to rebuild the motor again and I definitely want an automatic trans. Soooo project rebuilt may be rebuilt again....when i swap my parts onto another XJ, or swap in a new motor and auto trans. Not exactly sure what i want to do yet. My options are:

1: swap in auto trans and new motor with all other drivetrain parts i would need (driveshafts etc)

or

2. Buy a new 97+ XJ and swap the parts over. Now, my XJ is starting to get some nice body rot and other issues that i have been putting off. It would be nice to start over with something clean and relatively rust free. Either route I take will involve getting a different rear driveshaft but thats easy enough. I want to replace the rear rustys springs with something else and cut out the rear shock set up and swap it over. everything else is easily swappable and can be done in a weekend. with everything out, it will be easier to rebuild all the joints in the front long arms too. who knows. I can also part out whatever is left of the blue XJ and whatever parts I take out of the new one. who knows

Either way im still waiting to sell a few things (tool box, hemi, etc) to get the ball rolling on this. and it prob wont happen until after KOH unless they both go right away.

just sucks to see this XJ go if I decide to go this route

Comment

• - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                          it would be nice to find another blue 2 door just auto

Comment

• mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

• It sucks to do that man, ive done it but its well worth it in the end. Acutally I did the same thing as you (my green jeep to my black one)
                              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                                It sucks to do that man, ive done it but its well worth it in the end. Acutally I did the same thing as you (my green jeep to my black one)
                                thats the way im looking at it. the only thing that i really want thats welded is the rear shock set up....but that I can always do again and I can cut it out of the old one...everything else will swap no problem

Comment

Working...
                                X