• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
    Oh shibby

umm

am i seeing this right?

yo shocks will get pwned before your bumps touch

how big of a plate did you use for the bump strinking point on the tower?

i had as big as i could go before it hit the coils and the bump would still split over it
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• I know i gots to add a hockey puck on the bottom under the prothane. As for the plate on the tower i used as big as i could to still get the coil in. I split the one side the first time out, but havent had a problem since.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• mine we large to the point where i had to bolt it in with the coil in place

Comment

• Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
          mine we large to the point where i had to bolt it in with the coil in place
          mine arent that big haha. but for now i havent had a problem. so that will stay. If i really start having problems ill change it up

Comment

• wait so you really only have like 2" uptravel?

Comment

• Originally posted by XJLI View Post
              wait so you really only have like 2" uptravel?
              same as bumpstopping isnt it?

Comment

• if i was you i would make some new lower shock mounts like the jeepspeed guys do.

you can squeeze some more travel and still run those shocks.

i know with all that bumpstoppage your tires dont come close to the fendaz

Comment

• I think im gonna add a 3/4 inch coil spacer and put a hockey puck under the prothane. that should help a little

Comment

• Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                    I think im gonna add a 3/4 inch coil spacer and put a hockey puck under the prothane. that should help a little
                    if you can get moar uptravel without moar height i say its worth it

just showin ya some options

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1022531

i have also seen some simpler single shear front shock mounts that apparently hold up just dandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                      if you can get moar uptravel without moar height i say its worth it

just showin ya some options

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1022531

i have also seen some simpler single shear front shock mounts that apparently hold up just dandy
                      yea dude, whats the point of having nice shocks if youre not gonna use them? you can pull the lower mount down 1.5"

Comment

• 1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

• I really like the way those look. especially the one you posted RJ. Looks really simple. For now im gonna add those spacers and add a puck on each side. Ill deal with the extra little height. when i get some time ill fab something up. Thanks for the links fellers

Comment

• Im doing it on mine to run those bilstiens i got, so if you want to come up when im doing mine we can do yours at the same time
                            Last edited by Magilla; 04-30-2010, 06:35 PM.
                            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                            2001 wj tbd
                            1974 5 ton

Comment

• Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                              Im going it on mine to run those bilstiens i got so if you want to come up when im doing mine we can do yours at the same time
                              sounds good dude

Comment

• http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...hox/index.html

found this write up about fox air shocks. It hopefully solves my mystery about what valving i have. These are different shocks but work the same exact way and are adjusted the same way. So im hoping its all the same

"On the end of the shock shaft is a piston with (8) holes. (4) compression and (4) for rebound. Layered on either side of the the piston are washers in different diameters and thickness. These washers make up the shim stack. The shim stack has to flex to allow the flow of oil in either direction of the shock. When the shock compresses, this is called compression, and when it extends this is called rebound.

The shim stacks come in ranges from 30 to 110. The higher the number, the more damping force the shock will have. When the shocks are built , Fox engraves the damping numbers (compression and rebound, separated by a slash (/) ) on the shaft eyelet just under the rubber bottom out bumper or o-ring. The first number relates to the compression shim stack, the second number to the rebound stack. If there is nothing engraved on the shock eyelet, then the shock has the standard 40/60 set up."
                                Last edited by CumminsJeep; 05-06-2010, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X