No announcement yet.

Project: Rebuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am perusing the interwebs for thick reverse cut HP30 4.10 r/p's for ya andrea.

I haz yo back.
    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
    • 5.13's
    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
    • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

• Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
      I am perusing the interwebs for thick reverse cut HP30 4.10 r/p's for ya andrea.

I haz yo back.
      good luck

and i is excited. I finally get to drive it tonight after it finally gets some gear oil!
      Last edited by CumminsJeep; 04-22-2010, 11:51 AM.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• those springs are gonna settle once you drive it, trust me
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
          those springs are gonna settle once you drive it, trust me
          they did. def back down to 4.5 inch lift.

4 wheel discs are the thing brakes evenly and stops on a dime. had a little trouble with the shock mounts. seeing as where i wanted to mount them (pretty much in the middle of the axle housing) the shocks were bottomed out. so right now im contemplating gettting shorter shocks, or different mounts/fabbing my own

Comment

• Some stock F-150 shock mounts off of an 8.8 we had laying around the shop caught my eye today so i grinded them off. lets see if they work.

I also ordered JKS upper and lower shock adapters. should be here next week sometime. I wanna go fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
              I wanna go fast.
              Easy now, Ricky Bobby.

Comment

• <<<<< Can not wait. will you be at RC the next two weekends???
                2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                • 5.13's
                • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

• Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
                  <<<<< Can not wait. will you be at RC the next two weekends???
                  dont think so buddy I have family stuff both weekends. I still wouldnt have D30 gears anyway. but I would sure as hell love to test out the new 2.0s in the speedy sections in 2x4 mode.

update. shock mounts are done the old RC9000s were wayyyyy to long so I used some i think stock or budget boost size Skyjacker 7000s I had laying around. Im gonna rock these a little while until I actually wheel it and see if I like the length. Than Ill do some upgrading (maybe Fox's new 2.0 performer series or 5150s). But they will suffice for now. I also welded the axle tubes . The 8.8 is officially DONE. All I'm waiting on is the DS slip yoke which comes monday. Hopefully those shock adapters will be here tuesday or wed and I can get the 2.0s in. Than all I need is D30 gears and I am good to go!

Comment

dont think so buddy I have family stuff both weekends. I still wouldnt have D30 gears anyway. but I would sure as hell love to test out the new 2.0s in the speedy sections in 2x4 mode.

update. shock mounts are done the old RC9000s were wayyyyy to long so I used some i think stock or budget boost size Skyjacker 7000s I had laying around. Im gonna rock these a little while until I actually wheel it and see if I like the length. Than Ill do some upgrading (maybe Fox's new 2.0 performer series or 5150s). But they will suffice for now. I also welded the axle tubes . The 8.8 is officially DONE. All I'm waiting on is the DS slip yoke which comes monday. Hopefully those shock adapters will be here tuesday or wed and I can get the 2.0s in. Than all I need is D30 gears and I am good to go!
                    How did you go about welding the axle tubes? Preheat then just regular mig wire?

Methinks I might go the 8.8 route and welding the tubes sounds like a good idea with them prone to spinning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Even View Post
                      How did you go about welding the axle tubes? Preheat then just regular mig wire?

Methinks I might go the 8.8 route and welding the tubes sounds like a good idea with them prone to spinning.
                      I didnt even preheat. I was reading about it last night and some people said pre heat, other said dont worry about it. so i didnt worry about it. It seemed to turn out ok in my eyes haha. and pretty much every build i read, and i read a lot, said to weld the tubes.

Comment

I didnt even preheat. I was reading about it last night and some people said pre heat, other said dont worry about it. so i didnt worry about it. It seemed to turn out ok in my eyes haha. and pretty much every build i read, and i read a lot, said to weld the tubes.
                        I actually have Nickel rod here, and from what I've read that's actually the correct way to do it.

I just hate stick welding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Even View Post
                          I actually have Nickel rod here, and from what I've read that's actually the correct way to do it.

I just hate stick welding.
                          hmmmm I just used a Miller mig. hope its ok

Comment

hmmmm I just used a Miller mig. hope its ok
                            I've read the same thing as you, some say preheat is a must, some say to just fuckin weld it.

I would go wack the weld with a hammer, and if it doesn't show any cracks you are probably good to go.

Comment

• 4.10s is nice. thursday comes Fox 2 point awesomes. and those skyjacker hydros are actually fairly nice. I think ima keep them for a little while.

Comment

• cut some stuff. still need to rivet underneath and paint the area. it was kinda rusty on one side and had some gaps/holes so im gonna fill it with spray foam.

Comment

Working...
                                X