No announcement yet.

Project: Rebuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call up COR too, I paid 507 for two carriers and a D30/D44 4.56 kit last year.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Call and see how much think gears would be compared to adding a new carrier.
      -Caleb

Comment

• Honestly, I don't see a reason not to go with the 8.8.

It's worth having the peace of mind to give it some fucking ass on the trail. I understand the college budget and all, trust me. Even if you decide to get rid of the jeep down the road, you can throw a free d35 in the back and have a nice axle that could easily be built to handle 37's for a future project.

Plus, I think a 29 spline 8.25 on 35's is really pushing it.

8.8 and don't look back
        Last edited by Even; 03-25-2010, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• http://www.shopjeepparts.com/alloy-r...ne-p-8160.html

If you decided to go with the 8.25, here.
          -Caleb

Comment

• Originally posted by Even View Post
            Honestly, I don't see a reason not to go with the 8.8.

$310 bucks is worth having the peace of mind to give it some fucking ass on the trail. I understand the college budget and all, trust me. Even if you decide to get rid of the jeep down the road, you can throw a free d35 in the back and have a nice axle that could easily be built to handle 37's for a future project.

Plus, I think a 29 spline 8.25 on 35's is really pushing it.

8.8 and don't look back
            I would love to have the strength. but i would also love to have 4.56. but strength is key. I can deal with a little less gearing. I have since I got the jeep I think if i can find a good 8.8 with discs and 4.10s I wont hesitate to jump on it......Im confused

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
              I would love to have the strength. but i would also love to have 4.56. but strength is key. I can deal with a little less gearing. I have since I got the jeep I think if i can find a good 8.8 with discs and 4.10s I wont hesitate to jump on it......Im confused
              Also remember that jumping from 4:10 to 4:56 will put more stress on the axle shafts, making those 29 spline shafts even more of a hazard.

All it takes is one alloy break, and your down another 100-150 bucks.

Comment

• its been decided hes going 8.8
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

• Originally posted by Even View Post
                  Also remember that jumping from 4:10 to 4:56 will put more stress on the axle shafts, making those 29 spline shafts even more of a hazard.

All it takes is one alloy break, and your down another 100-150 bucks.
                  you really know how to get to the core of me baxter. I like what you said about having confidence to get on it once and a while which i like to do. Right now im all for strength over a little less gearing. and better brakes are nice too.

95% sure im goin 8.8 route. just gotta find one

Comment

• Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                    its been decided hes going 8.8

Comment

• ^done

Comment

• well if you're not going to listen to me then it's settled that you are selling me the aussie and riddler cover
                        I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                          well if you're not going to listen to me then it's settled that you are selling me the aussie and riddler cover
                          ok. 300 bucks. comes with free axle

Comment

• f you. you know you can sell that axle without that stuff for a good amount anyway. i'm takin em and you can't stop me
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                              f you. you know you can sell that axle without that stuff for a good amount anyway. i'm takin em and you can't stop me
                              you drive a hard bargain....400?

Comment

• 550 and thats my final offer
                                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                                X