Project: Sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project: Sniper

So, I've never thought of doing a build thread. But since I bought my XJ stock and have lofty long term goals, I thought I'd do a build thread in case I actually pull it all off.I could never think of a name until several people said that my Jeep looked like it was wearing a ghillie suit when it was covered in mud. So, it's project Sniper. Hopefully it will live up to it's name in a few years. The XJ was bought on Jan 31st, 2008 and has been my daily driver/kid hauler/offroad toy ever since.Long term plans are low lift, long armed with at least 33s, but first I have to DD it for 2&3/4 more years. At which time I'll buy the wife something newer and take over the V8 Quadradrive WJ for my DD.
    So...As I bought it.

Then came the 3" Rusty's kit and 31" TrXus MTs and gay roof basket that I bought because it was 52 dollas....

In the spring came the bumper and winch....

I threw on my LTBs and went to RC, where I decided that I could not live with open diffs...

So I put an Aussie in the front...Same line, different camera angle.( I gotta tell my buddy running the camera to keep quiet, I thought I was giong to catch my Tcase every time he yelled.I got no skidz.)But it seems I was merely "Kickin' it."

Since then it's been mostly maintenance stuff.Brakes, U joints, fluids, ETC. I got a free front skid, so I threw that on.On the street I run the TrXus MTs on cheapo US Wheels D windows with 3.75" bs.

This spring I got some new LTBs and put them on Cragar V5s with 3.75 bs for offroading.Loaded them with airsoft pellets..that shit works great! Then I hit the mud.

OK, mud is fun, but it sucks.I did more damage in 3 hours of mudding then I did in over a year of offroading.Dented buth front fenders from the thick goop slinging into them off of the front tires.Both front wheel bearing assemblies need replacement.The rear diff cover is weeping.Busted the tailpipe hanger.(fixed that)Well, I got it cleaned up and put in a Advanced Adapters SYE and front shaft.

I should be able to get the wheel bearings on and the diff cover resealed in the next week or so.Heading to Rausch in a couple of weeks. Sure wish I had some skidplates.

This is going to be a slow going build, but I'll update whenever I get something done or have some picsor vids of beatings.....
Working...
X