Project Spair parts!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Spair parts!!!

I had picked up a 90XJ limited. Factory d44 rear, gas tank skid, 4.5 lift, limited seats.. Runs like a top, suspension and axles were a mess.. WELl i have parts for that! So i figure i would put together a mess of parts ive aquired over the years, build a rig and sell off.. The parts were given to me or picked up or exchanged or whatever and now piled up and need to move.. instead of selling off individual parts, i figured i would build a truck and sell the hole thing off.

To start.

Had no front drive shaft, the rear hatch was FULL of stuff.. even another d30 was stuffed back there.

XJ
    MJ
    Buick??

pulled the axles.. The ones i was going to sell? I would have put the 8.25 i have and d30 with 3.55 gears but I guess everyone is hurting or would rather 4.56 gears and locked? So i gutta get this thing moving to get my comanche in so

Geared them with yokon 4.11 gears, all fresh and built.. I put on the other night the good pair of uni bearings i have.. I need to get this thing rolling.

XJ
    MJ
    Buick??

Comment

Got into the body.. Little cancer behind the pass rear seat.

Did not feel like getting a replacement pan so i made one.

Cleaned out the truck, stripped the interior and ready to line it.

XJ
      MJ
      Buick??

Comment

I had newer doors in way better shape and working door locks.. Tinted and the vent window was solid.. The white ones i sold to a good guy in LIOR.

Pulled fenders, had a pair on the shelf with some flairs.

Sprayed all the wheel wells.. This bed liner i got from a bod shop.. Some new stuff. Forgot the name but it is REALLY nice stuff.. No more roller and lays on better than herculiner. Not as ruff. Holds up alot better!!

XJ
        MJ
        Buick??

Comment

Got the fenders fit and doors on.. Now i gotta finish the suspension.. Ill be working on that today i hope.

XJ
          MJ
          Buick??

Comment

See if you can get me the name of that liner, I'm looking to do the bottom of my doors and such soon and didn't wanna have to use herculiner
            dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
              See if you can get me the name of that liner, I'm looking to do the bottom of my doors and such soon and didn't wanna have to use herculiner
              I think i have one of the bottles.. It was something the body supply place had.. Maybe from dupont? Not sure. Few brands out, this one had no name on the containers.
              XJ
              MJ
              Buick??

Comment

gonna paint the whole thing?

Comment

Wow i never realized how lucky I got with my 90. All my floor rust decided it'd rather be rust holes in my rockers!

dillon I used some duplicolor bed liner stuff for my two tone. Came out pretty nicely and isn't thick. Plus you can get it at autozone.
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    gonna paint the whole thing?
                    Eventually ill paint it. For now just get the drivetrain running and together right.. Had the wrong calipers on it, the older knuckles on it. The right calipers and brakes are ordered.. Friday..
                    Front end is back in. If i had the right brakes, it would be on front wheels. Have to find the real leaf spring plates and drill out a shock mount..
                    Than i have to cut the nut out of the frame rail on the driver side leaf. Snapped off the welds.. Why i hate cherokee leaf.. Nut brakes, just spins in the frame..
                    XJ
                    MJ
                    Buick??

Comment

I SPY LUCAS PRODUCTS
                      Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by RockReadyXJ View Post
                        I SPY LUCAS PRODUCTS
                        Dont care for lucas???
                        XJ
                        MJ
                        Buick??

Comment

Thats pretty sweet dude. I was tempted to buy/ trade stuff for those axles but i want 4.56 .
                          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                            Thats pretty sweet dude. I was tempted to buy/ trade stuff for those axles but i want 4.56 .
                            i had picked up the gears for a friend who bailed out.. 4.56 and up are best for 33's to 35's. The d44 was nice, should go to someone who is going to use it, It still might.. I have a good 8.25 and other parts of lift kits. I dont like bushwacker flairs and the tires i have are the 33x12.5x15 swamper STS. I had them on my MJ for a little wile.. Did not care for them. They are nice on the street, not bad in rain, amazing in sand.. Suck in mud and snow. They get clogged easy so on a wheeling truck, not the best choice unless you live in AZ.

So a few parts and kits laying around.. Put all the stuff i have and off we go.. Dont scrap it, build it lol.
                            XJ
                            MJ
                            Buick??

Comment

Well, I got this thing finally on 4 wheels.. Good news... Bad news.. rear brake line hard line is all toast.. That sucks.. Replacing it all now.. Fixed the one broken frame nut, did the fuel filter, fuel line, shock mounts..

problem.. Rear is too hight LOL.. Its at like 6.5" now.. Front is at 4.5 It has rear lift shakles, I could take them out and hope i dont get drive train vib but it sits nice on 6.5. The front is fully adjustable so i could go up and get a puck for up front.. Ill think about that tomorrow. Brakes tomorrow and ill take a few more pics..
                              XJ
                              MJ
                              Buick??

Comment

Working...
                              X