Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gave up on my Ultra4

For a Ford Ranger.... with two wheel drive:

Beginning once the snow clears and Phil's jeep leaves my yard under it's power this little girl is getting converted into a Bro-lite short course monster!!

Hopefully this will be just as fun of a way for me to compete in off road racing at a much more affordable price tag, as this entire car is being build for the price of the transfer case and shocks from the buggy. As sad as I am to throw in the towel on the buggy, there is no way to be competitive during the the racing season when I can't even afford to complete the thing. Maybe one day, but this works for now.

There a bunch of people building these bad boys and it's everyone's hope that the racing will be super competitive and the events grow. The first official race is going to be in September in West Virginia, luckily ALOT of the stuff I have from the buggy is going to get put to good use in this.

For those unfamiliar here's the jist of it: (copied from the rules)

MVP Bro-Lite Rules

The Bro-Lite class is a short course off road racing class designed with two goals in mind: to find the best driver and to be affordable to a wide range of drivers. The platform was chosen based on an affordable, easy to find, and capable truck. The object is not to outsmart the rules or other drivers, but to win based on driver skill. Cheating is in no way in the spirit of the class and will NOT be tolerated. We hope to eliminate the "save the truck" mentality for drivers by giving any driver a chance to win every race. Hopefully these factors will all result in a spectator friendly, affordable, exciting, and competitive racing series.

1) General Specs:
    -Ford ranger (1983-1997)
    -2wd
    -twin I-beam front suspension stock
    -4 cyl.
    -Manual trans
    Full Rules: http://www.millerrockracing.com/foru....php?f=2&t=127
    Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/broliteracing

Anyone that's interested in participating, check out the rules and shoot me a message or the bro-lite facebook page, go get a truck and come race! They can be picked up for a couple hundred bucks and if you can't do the fab yourself they're even offering to do it for you!
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

This should have been the thread title of your ultra4 build thread
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

97? Specs? You score her cheap?

HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
      OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

she's a '96 with 180k miles on her, runs great, shifts great, the guy had just gotten the clutch and the brakes done. Got her for well under a g note, so I'm ecstatic.

I started sorting through the buggy pile today. I already have a ton of stuff to make this thing go together quickly, I gotta keep an eye out for some decently priced 31's and wheels and offload the coilovers I have so I can order the new shocks for this thing.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Sorry to see the buggy project fail, it really was impressive. Can't wait to see what you've got in store for this build...ill be watching
          -Michael
          2001 Silverstone Metallic XJ Limited - TJ Moabs, Grabbers, 3" lift, RC trackbar, etc. - SOLD
          2014 Granite Crystal JGC Limited - Hemi, Tow-pack, Lux-Pack II, 20's
          2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt - 5.3 4v stroker, Comp Cams, VMP TVS, T56, Built IRS, etc...
          702rwhp/684rwtq

Comment

my brother has some decent 31in BFG A/Ts on his XJ now that he wont need in a month or so. on not very nice American racing 15s, let me know if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
            X