MReeceW's XJ build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MReeceW's XJ build

Alright well after encountering issues with the trail whale f150 I posted it for trade and got a response from a guy with an xj. After looking at the xj I determined it had less and more manageable problems than the f150, not to mention it's smaller and will handle the smaller trails much better.

Its a 99, 4.0, aw4, 231j

4" ish lift. rough country lowers.
    Full leaf packs and shackles don't know what brand just not rc
    Logans offroad bumpers front and rear
    xrc8
    dynamax OE style muffler
    hella500's
    8.25 rear
    jcr stage 2 sliders
    32" pro comps on soft 8's
    5 speed x member
    ebay snorkel
    mini comp cut

Thats how I got it.
    I've since added LED reverse and brake bulbs, a SOLID front diff cover and lok right up front.

Short term plans are:
    Track bar (done)(twice)
    35's (done)
    rear locker (done)(twice)
    mid arms done(twice)
    gears
    stiffeners (mids are my main concern)front and middle done
    t case skid done
    tranny and engine skid done
    corner guards done
    Tire carrier done
    extended front brake lines done(need to be longer)
    coil insulators done
    SYE done

Should be ordering a track bar, t case skid and 3/4 coil spacers to even out the redneck rake.

Last edited by MReeceW; 07-18-2014, 11:14 PM.
    1991 bowl of rice, painted red and black on a pile of nicely stacked scrap metal and 4 35's.

Looks good!
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
      Looks good!
      Thank you!
      1991 bowl of rice, painted red and black on a pile of nicely stacked scrap metal and 4 35's.

Comment

I vote that you put an exoskeleton on it rather than a cage inside. Just in case of mishap. I've seen the way you drive. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by calvynandhobbs View Post
          I vote that you put an exoskeleton on it rather than a cage inside. Just in case of mishap. I've seen the way you drive. LOL
          Lol no I plan on taking better care of the body on this one Roger. Besides whats wrong with how I drive? lol

Comment

Is it all ready to wheel? Mabell Sunday...
            Dan.
            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Is it all ready to wheel? Mabell Sunday...
              Its wheelable, I mean its a project so it's always going to change. I wheeled it last weekend with JT. I'd like to wheel it at mabell. Maybe I'll join.

Comment

Get in on it its going to be a good time!
                OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
                General Tires are

Comment

Originally posted by Luke95 View Post
                  Get in on it its going to be a good time!
                  I'll see what I can do, I'd like to go.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the way you drive. I'm a believer in a cage of some type in any rig that sees the kind of terrain that we drive. When skinny pedal and wet, muddy rocks are involved you always have to be ready for the unexpected. Although, you shouldn't need as much skinny pedal and bashing of rocks with the XJ as you did with the trail whale. LOL

Comment

Nothing wrong with the way you drive. I'm a believer in a cage of some type in any rig that sees the kind of terrain that we drive. When skinny pedal and wet, muddy rocks are involved you always have to be ready for the unexpected. Although, you shouldn't need as much skinny pedal and bashing of rocks with the XJ as you did with the trail whale. LOL
                      Lol I deffinitely will be caging this rig. But no it shouldn't need nearly as much, I mean I went on the last run and only had one issue it was a bad line on boot hill and I got hung up on a rear shock mount (which will be getting relocated) and couldn't back up because of my trans crossmember, The t case skid I ordered should fix that though, it goes rail to rail like a half belly skid. Its much easier to wheel than the trail whale, turns out if you wheel a fullsize for almost 5 years jumping into an xj makes things seem easier.
                      Last edited by MReeceW; 09-26-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Listen Roger. Skinny pedal and bouncing off of rocks is what its all about. Dont deter him.
                        Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Listen Roger. Skinny pedal and bouncing off of rocks is what its all about. Dont deter him.
                          Idk Roger, Dan has a point... and 1 tons and fo-dees.

Comment

Installed my teraflex track bar and found a brand new (scratch and dent) SYE on ebay. Should be here next week.

Comment

Still waiting on t case skid and sye. But I did order my mid stiffeners today.

Comment

Working...
                              X