• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC for a "winter beater"?

Comment

• Maybe?

Comment

• Any idea how much $ you've put into that?

I'm beyond curious. Looking sweet though dude. Maybe it'll venture out of the driveway this year.
        Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

• 5AM? Do you sleep?

It's at the shop now getting a lot of fender cutting to clear the 37s. Also opening it up for possible 40s, maybe 42 but I'm not sure.

No idea really but probably not much more than you have into your jeep including purchase cost

Comment

• Blatant lie.
            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
            MK2 Jetta > M3
            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Is it true you dont want to off road this thing? Not breaking balls, legitimately thought i heard that
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by Robin Fairchild View Post
                Blatant lie.
                If you buy "used" parts and are patient it can be done for a reasonable price. I have like 2200 in the complete rear I am guessing, 2500 at most.

Now the front is going to cost me, pretty sure shafts alone wil be that much....

Not really wanting to do the crazy wheeling stuff, too slow and technical for me, I'm not very patient so I'd get pissed off, flat foot it and roll probably.

After watching the comp at Mabel and ultra4 go fast kinda stuff I am interested in that. Or just taking some backwoods trails to explore a few places and camp. I'm more of a behinds the scenes kinda guy, just like building shit more than using it. I'd probably let a select few people take it out who know what they're doing.
                Last edited by sardo_67; 08-08-2014, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• parts and stuff

after tonight i need to order some small square tube and aluminum sheets.

Last edited by sardo_67; 08-17-2014, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• That is one sick build. Weather it just sits in your driveway or not.

Comment

• Put about 60 miles on it yesterday driving it from the shop back to my house, need to balance the tires though as up around 65 I start to get a death wobble type of feed back through the wheel. Brakes are good though, I like the pedal feel on this more than my Jetta. Thinking I will have the winters shifter on in an hour or so and take it for a test ride to the gym.
                      Last edited by sardo_67; 09-15-2014, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• In the past few weeks......

New shoes.

38.3" creepy crawlers

ARB stuff

Last touches on the housing and steering stuff this weekend, just waiting on RCV for the shafts.

Only thing on the front axle I didn't do, brother TIGing the weld washer on the lower sheer steering bracket. Painting tomorrow and will go on after I get the shafts, the RCVs don't for through the unitbearing hole in the knuckle. Only draw back to them.

Aaaaand going kinda stupid on the LS, buddy who's family owns the shop is doin the 5.3 build for me. Went to town on the heads the past few weeks in his spare time, cam will be chosen late next month. 11:1 comp with a big cam and some injectors should get me 400+ with 450 the HP goal. We'll see.

Comment

• Nothing fits this is stupid!!!!

Nah just gotta grind and clearance the case since the ring gear hits, diff hits and I can't adjust anything.

Comment

• So close.

Comment

• I wish I had for bank account.

Love this build

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• Hahah. Nah bro, plastic and very poor life choices
                                Also being paitent and watching forums for deals on used stuff helps out too.

Will be driving this weekend with some pics to follow. Only waiting on a 1310 to 1350 yoke.

With the regular spidertrax steering knuckles the RCV ball hits so it has to be ground down some.
                                Right side done

Axle vent, tube seals, left CV clearance and then install. The ARB front 3rd is all set up now. Then I'll have to probably half ass the ARB comp for now since half the interior is out. Busy next few days.
                                Last edited by sardo_67; 09-25-2014, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X