The new whip...Bills XJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new whip...Bills XJ

well....i finally got rid of my beloved Yota...and traded for a semi built XJ...its got a few goodies and needs a few things but she'll do just fine in the trails. me and Dan(CT7672) and his wife went up to massachussetts today to pick it up...so being that this is an XJ club now i guess i can kinda say i fit in a little more...now onto the pics...

BYE BYE YOTA!!

on the trailer..

even the pooch likes it!

so as far as i know...its got the d60/14B combo w hydro assist, H1 beadlocks, detroit/spool, 3 link front,4 wheel disc brakes, fox air shocks,38'' swamper tsl sx's which are absolutely mint...and theres more shit but i cant remember

What it needs to be able to wheel:

beefier master cylinder
    psgr side shock needs to be mounted better
    rear bumper reinforced
    back glass/plexi
    switch out smittybuilt for my Superwinch
    motor mounts
    oh and it needs to be lowered a couple of inches,but for now i wanna wheel so the above will be addressed first then over the winter im gonna lower it and get some spacers for the beadlocks so the tires dont hit the lower control arms...

I just want to throw out a HUGE THANK YOU VERY MUCH to my man Dan for taking the time to come with me and check it out and give the new rig a tow home...I appreciate it very much and thank you again...
    99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Nice!
    HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
    OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

No problem dude! Im glad I could help and make sure that it was a fair deal.
      Stupid rainy day we should be messing with it right now lol
      Dan.
      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

yea i know...fucking rain really putting a damper on things...shit ,if it were dry...wed already have shocks done and brakes done,lol....and headed to the spot...

Comment

Dan did ya catch what gears they were? i forgot...5.13 or 5.38?

Comment

5.38's. Ruffstuff mid frame stiffeners already installed, front and rear stiffeners included which was nice.
            Yeah, if it want raining it would almost be ready to go lol.
            Dan.
            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Bad ass bro. Looks to be well set up. Just surprised the last owner never threw a skid plate over the gas tank.

Comment

I never needed a tank skid...until last week
                Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                  I never needed a tank skid...until last week
                  No shit I've been following your build on Cherokee forums. Never noticed you ran with out one. Just go to show how tough the plastic tank is.

Comment

as tall as thing fucking is..i doubt ill hit the tank,lol...but thats another project for another time...for now just gonna get it to my standards for wheeling...

Comment

Originally posted by rctrav View Post
                      No shit I've been following your build on Cherokee forums. Never noticed you ran with out one. Just go to show how tough the plastic tank is.

Oh, nice. It was inevitable I guess. I planned on moving it for a while. I finally had no choice.
                      Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Working...
                      X