Project My Jeep is a Rust Bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project My Jeep is a Rust Bucket

So me and Otte last night took a stab at starting to lift my 96 XJ. So we get the rear shocks out with some finaggling, and the u-bolts came off no problem. However somewhere along the life of my Jeep the rear leaf shackles rusted to shit and of course the front leaf spring bolts are turning along with the metal sleeve in the bushing. So I need to buy new rear leaf spring shackles and couple of extra bolts to have on hand. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get these by next Tuesday when we are going to have another go at it?
    06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Stock shackles, lift, boomerang, what?
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

I have a set of stock shackles if you want them. Other then that I would either order them off jeepinoutfitters.com or in a pinch quadratec with next day shipping if its that important to you
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Ended up picking up some stock shackles from quadratech. They are close anyways so no need for priority shipping.

Comment

where is quadratec?

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
            where is quadratec?
            Pennsylvania I believe
            87 Comanche 4.0 4wd

Comment

Quadratec is in West Chester area west of Phila.

Comment

well the jeep is loaded down with tools so with any luck ur jeep will be 3 inches taller tomorrow
                98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

hey and what ended up happening with that floor pan??
                  98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

So a big thanks goes out to Armand (netrachamp1853) and Chris (Otte) for helping me out with this lift kit. After about 8 hours last night of grade 8 bolt cutting, welding, and wrenching the lift is finally in. Once I get the 31's mounted on my rims and the Jeep washed up I will post up pics for everyones enjoyment. It's a good thing I decided to do this when I did because two of the leaf packs were rusted straight through!

Comment

Working...
                    X