Project: Outdoorsman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project: Outdoorsman

I told myself when I first bought this Jeep that I wasn't going to touch it with the exception of getting rid of the factory steelies and replace them with a set of Icons or Moabs. I wanted to keep it as streetable as possible while looking clean in the process. Specs:

99 XJ Sport
    4.0 auto AW4
    D30/D35
    243k miles
    blingy front bumper

Pic:

However, I always toyed with the thought of putting a small lift on this thing and when I found a set of 5 Moabs for 200 bucks with ok 245 75 16 Kumhos it made me want to do a BB. However, after seeing Will's new inspirational video about the trip to NH, It really got the gears turning. Christine had won a set of Clayton LCAs in the raffle at OER so I figured why the hell not lets lift it. I want this rig to be capable enough to get me down the trail to the camp site while also being about to keep a factory ride. So here are the plans:

3 Inch basic lift (most like Rough country AAL kit)
    Clayton adjustable lowers.
    roof rack
    Hellas
    265-70-16 General AT2s (measure out to a true 31x10.50) when the Kumhos are shot.
    Maybe a front locker down the road.
    basic skids- t case/sliders

Simple, basic, and comfortable is what I am going for. There are things I just can't do with the blue Jeep anymore so hopefully this will fill that void.

Pics:

Insert: Moabs

Insert: outdoorsman stickers

Insert: Surco Roof Rack

Last edited by CumminsJeep; 04-07-2013, 08:46 PM.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Nice start man. Love me some Moabs, they make everything look better, haha.

Do yourself a favor, I dont need to tell you this. Save a little more, get a real leaf pack from BDS or OME for a Jeep like this, you will thank yourself 1000x over. Use all of your learnings from past Jeeps and do it 100% as good as you can, especially on a rig like this that will need to travel and travel well.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

yay red jeep clubbbb
      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        Nice start man. Love me some Moabs, they make everything look better, haha.

Do yourself a favor, I dont need to tell you this. Save a little more, get a real leaf pack from BDS or OME for a Jeep like this, you will thank yourself 1000x over. Use all of your learnings from past Jeeps and do it 100% as good as you can, especially on a rig like this that will need to travel and travel well.
        I agree 100%. I have been looking at a lot of different lifts lately for this build. I wish I could afford an expensive pack like OME. I was looking at just doing a cheap AAL for now and swapping down the road when I can afford a really nice pack. We will see, add a leafs are like 60 bucks haha.

and Nicki, you're next big girl!

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
          I agree 100%. I have been looking at a lot of different lifts lately for this build. I wish I could afford an expensive pack like OME. I was looking at just doing a cheap AAL for now and swapping down the road when I can afford a really nice pack. We will see, add a leafs are like 60 bucks haha.

Lemme talk with the guy I speak to at Quadratec and see if I can get you a deal on OME leafs, that was my original plan but I changed gears. I will let you know, he is sometimes hard to get a hold of right away.
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

oh i know...shopping around for tires this week...
            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
              Lemme talk with the guy I speak to at Quadratec and see if I can get you a deal on OME leafs, that was my original plan but I changed gears. I will let you know, he is sometimes hard to get a hold of right away.
              thanks mang. don't break your back over it. I don't have a lot of money to spend regardless of what I get.

Comment

Nice Moose sticker
                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Fora factory ride why not get some factory overland xj springs from qtec... They give about 1.5" of lift then get a nice shackle... For the front get some v8 xj springs and a spacer??? With the mullah saved buy some bilsteinenstubens.

Fwiw this was my plan.. If I did what you are doing.
                  2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                  • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                  • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                  • 5.13's
                  • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                  • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

I have to say that having the right tires on the Jeep now, I do love the ride of my OME kit and has made me feel better about the $ I spent on it. Also, I'm sure you can guess I love me some Moabs on XJs

Comment

A rear bumper with a tire carrier might be a pretty sweet looking addition as well

Comment

Yay jeepy! Can't wait to have my turn off roading with a jeep I can actually drive!
                        97 F350 Powerstroke

Comment

You gonna post pictures or.........
                          P8R

OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

ill have some leaf for sale Monday when my deaves come in
                            2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                            97' zj
                            2012 surbra imperza DD
                            im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                              ill have some leaf for sale Monday when my deaves come in
                              No need
                              P8R

Comment

Working...
                              X