X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just gotta do the rotted oil pan

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

I never did give a final update on this. It is 100% completed. I did the oil pan and all the other odds and ends. She drives like a champ. Oh and Dan, I had to replace the ring gear bolts in the rear about 6 months ago. I started to here a ticking in the rear so I pulled the cover….there were only 3 bolts left holding the ring gear to the carrier So I replaced them with dealer bolts and lock tite and a torque wrench. drives a lot better. I wish I had some pics as it sits today. We probably have close to 3k on it since the rebuild with no issues. Cant wait for it to warm up so I can take it out.

Comment

Damn d35's Glad it's workin out for you though
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

So it sat at the beach at our parents all summer. It's amazing what the salt air does in regards to rust. It's not bad, but the coil spring facing the ocean has a nice coat of rust already. So, it's back home to north jersey and Andrew is going to house it. Once spring comes and we get warm days again we'll get a few cans of paint and spray the coils, frame, etc. again.

Also, after driving it a bit some things came up. The stock replacement front trackbar didn't like the lift, so we were getting some wobble as the joint is already shot. So, Andrew ordered a new adjustable one with bracket from RC. Also, we decided while we were at it we would replace all 4 LCAs with longer Rough Country ones with clevite bushings. Hope to have that all in on Friday and it will drive like it should.

We've been sort of looking for a set of 285/75r16 tires as well to fill in the wheel wells a bit better, but that's more of a stretch at the moment. I would love some new KO2s
          Last edited by Pedro; 12-31-2014, 10:49 AM.
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Got the new parts on and it rides a million times better.

New rear LCAs

New front LCAs

New Trackbar and bracket

P8R

OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Finally got some time to get these Corbeaus in. Unfortunately it wasn't just a matter of bolting the sliders to the seats since the JP seats have a different mount than the regular Baja. After I bolted them in I realized the door wouldn't close. I ended up getting the adapter brackets and welding them to the bottom of the seat. This shifted the seat over and allowed me to still use the factory 2-rail slider and the fold and tumble on the passenger side. I still used the factory seat belts and got a matching rear seat cover from Corbeau. Cant wait for it to warm up so I can get another coat of paint on the frame and interior, it's starting to fade from the sun.

Comment

nice seats did you end up using that slider bracket I had attached to one of them?
                Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

I ended up using the ones that came out of mine actually. Mainly because I detached it and forgot it at my house when I went to put them in at my buddies garage.

Comment

Bye bye stupid coopers, hello JK BFGs. Decided to use this Moabs I bought on this instead. And got a good deal on a set of 5 almost new JK take offs. Some wheel spacers and bingo.

Last edited by Pedro; 04-08-2015, 07:46 PM.
                    P8R

Comment

Thanks for updating my build

Comment

Nobody cared anyway.
                        P8R

Comment

Nope

Comment

I care.
                            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                              I care.
                              Let's have a beer together. I miss your humor

Comment

And musk
                                I drive a Datsun

Comment