Tullulah Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tullulah Bear

So after some consideration I decided to make a build thread on here just cause
    Little background on me and jeeps, I began life when I got my first Jeep My first ever vehicle when I was 17 was a 1992 XJ Laredo she was a hand me down with nearly 300K and was a DD forever
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKDfioW9XpY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKDfioW9XpY[/ame]
    so if you take the time to watch that youll get the idea, if not....I totaled it.
    so then i had another DD for quite some time, just a 95 sport nothing special

look at all that flex

and then came my first REAL Jeep. Some guy had it on craigslist for $1500 and i went to have a look and this is what i found

supposedly has a 4.5" Rubicon Express kit, has home made rock sliders and all aftermarket bumpers KC slims with H3's and a set of H3's in the rear housings for reverse lights as well. just some average jeep stuff.

So picked it up wayy cheaper than i should have and so it began. I knew it needed work but i saw potential, first things first put some better brakes on it

then add mud

after this little bit i realized that the tcase linkage wasnt right because i kept dropping in and out of 4wd so it went from

this

to this

and at that point i just drove it....didnt do much for a while. minor stuff

seats

late model mirrors

until i realized i needed to start fixing things that the PO never bothered to do. someone ran the front axle completely dry for a lonnnngg time and this happened

i think it threw EVERY single bearing out in that whole axle assembly.

so seeing as how i had the old 95 still laying around and confirmed that it was geared the same i did this

and then proceeded to install

and this is how it sits today. smaller tires are because 31s are too damn expensive for now...plus stock size tires get better gas mileage

Future plans....Ford 8.8 to replace the 8.25, ZJ steering setup in the VERY near future, back to 31" tires...then who knows. Know of a cheap mod? Think I could have done something better, Any suggestions? Please feel free! seeing as how quite a few of you guys on here gave me awesome tips and tricks already on how to get shit done! Thanks ladies and gents, pics will come as i fix/upgrade stuffs!
    Last edited by 92xjlaredo; 12-06-2012, 08:47 PM.
    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
    https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
    I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
    -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

cheap mod... MORE STICKERS !!!

Comment

Sweet find on the white one! from the looks of the front ya should check the rear end aswell haha if it doesnt have a steeringbox brace those are pretty cheap to find and worth it. maybe a tracbar brace too
      98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

That pic of the open diff.. Looks like there was/had been water in there for a while!
        how did you mount those late model mirror's ? i have a pair and when I mount them they didn't sit flat(caught the edge of the door trim around the windows) so how did you deal with that?..
        also curious as to where you got those heims for your shift linkage ?
        Last edited by clean4drxj; 04-20-2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
          That pic of the open diff.. Looks like there was/had been water in there for a while!
          how did you mount those late model mirror's ? i have a pair and when I mount them they didn't sit flat(caught the edge of the door trim around the windows) so how did you deal with that?..
          also curious as to where you got those heims for your shift linkage ?
          Yes the open diff was submerged and ran dry for at least 5k miles like that from me alone...the late model mirrors bolted right on for me took a little finesse have to thread all three bolts in and adjust it while someone cranks it down once they're in place. only issue I had was the wires because I set them by hand and had to find a place to tuck them. Incorrect, apparently i didnt pay enough attention to them and they do overlap a little bit. however i dont notice any difference in soundAs far as the heim joints go my buddy and I built that out of some defective ones from somewhere...can't remember, stompjrkz is the one that helped me.
          Last edited by 92xjlaredo; 07-19-2012, 10:00 AM. Reason: i must have been drunk when i typed this
          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
          -Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyjeep92 View Post
            Sweet find on the white one! from the looks of the front ya should check the rear end aswell haha if it doesnt have a steeringbox brace those are pretty cheap to find and worth it. maybe a tracbar brace too
            Yea been thinkin about a steering box brace. At least...rear end is okay. Gonna have to do some searchin on the tracbar brace....call me retarded but I didn't even know they made those lulz.
            -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
            -Ian

Comment

What TB do you have.. is it double shear or single? RE has one for their system.
              I was going to mount my mirrors but they overlapped the window trim and I didn't want the extra air noise from it.

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                What TB do you have.. is it double shear or single? RE has one for their system.
                I was going to mount my mirrors but they overlapped the window trim and I didn't want the extra air noise from it.
                TB is just stock...lol amazingly, not really sure why your mirrors didnt line up...i went to the JY, couldnt even find a matching pair off of one jeep so i took one off of an 01 and another off of a 98 they both popped right on like i said i just had to adjust a little bit before really cranking them down. never had any overlap,
                -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                -Ian

Comment

new rubbers
                  -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                  -Ian

Comment

get some.
                    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                    MK2 Jetta > M3
                    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Been some time since I did some stuffs, working on the ZJ alternator upgrade over the next few days
                      But here's the latest little things I've done

Removable doors

Rough country adjustable track bar with double shear bracket.

Little pieces at a time
                      Last edited by 92xjlaredo; 07-19-2012, 09:41 AM.
                      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                      -Ian

Comment

i have a FW 8.8, last i checked ithad your name alllll over it
                        98 blue 5 speed TJ. locked,35 kevlars under 6 inches,trail bling.
                        98 red automatic TJ. 3.5inch on 33 kevlars, mall crawler status.

Comment

Originally posted by snapshaft View Post
                          i have a FW 8.8, last i checked ithad your name alllll over it
                          If it was limited slip and ready to roll for the right price, I might consider making a roadtrip to CT but I'm broke as shit....
                          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                          -Ian

Comment

home made sway bar discos

and the result (roughly 2.5 foot bank):

Last edited by 92xjlaredo; 07-23-2012, 05:47 PM.
                            -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                            -Ian

Comment

needs more tire
                              98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X