Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old One Eye

This will be a real build.

I picked up Justin's 1981 CJ-5 about three weeks ago, pretty much just as he left it minus some dana 60's and tires.

After making plans to put my XJ drivetrain and one-tons, I've decided that I'd like to wheel this year.

So plans are to reinstall the Iron Duke and auto from Justins build, reskin the tub, run a spooled d44 in the rear and a wj-swapped hp30 up front, both at 4.88. And so whatever else it takes to make this thing wheel.

Yesterday I started to d-skin the CJ in preparation for new, modular panels.

Justin, I gotta thank you for lining the tub in angle iron as it made this as uncomplicated as possible. Here it is stripped to nothing but floor and firewall.

Tomorrow im picking up steel for thebody "frame" and this weekend I am going to grab the enginr and trans and start playing fabricating.
    dirty30

awesome build!!
    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
    -57 GMC Pickup
    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Picked up some metal at logans today, 6 pieces of 1/2"x1.25"x1/8" rect tube, 2 pieces if 1" angle iron, and some tube for haha. Should be enough to come up with a CJ tub.
      dirty30

Comment

98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

Did a whole bunch if work today and yesterday.

Pulled the fenders, hood, and grille in prep for heart transplant

Got the 2.5 mounted in the bay, and see why people put larger engines in this

Picked up sa bunch of other goodies too, including trans

Just a self tease to see the old chap on real tires
          dirty30

Comment

Well, 60+ hr weeks have kept me busy but im finally ready to start assembling the parts and pieces of this thing. Hopefully this weekend I'll start work on restructuring the tub, getting the tranny under it, and mounting this beautiful $25 CL find.

dirty30

Comment

I picked up the spare 231 yesterday from Justin so I can get my sye'd 231 from the XJ in the CJ.

Also painted up the fuel cell and ordered some WJ lower ball joints so I can get the WJ swap started on the d30.

Finally making some moves
              dirty30

Comment

Wintastic!
                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                MK2 Jetta > M3
                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Had some moments today just to get some.little things done.

Painted the fuel cell primer for now, till I can get real paint for it

Also pulled this inside so I can get to pimping Old One Eyes ugly mug

And just for fun I threw the 33's on the back just to see how my stance improved

Not too shabby. Definitely staying sprung under, and on 33/34/35's. No roller skate.

Ordered some WJ Balljoints yesterday and come thrusday I'll order up the hub bearings and a D44 swap kit from RuffStuff.

Also:at still waiting on my buddy to get me a carb off his CJ, I have the stock one but its just got too many scary hoses and levers on it.
                  dirty30

Comment

Picked up a motorcraft 2 barrel from my buddy. As seen on left its much simpler and doesn't have one thousand everett sand vacuum houses.

dirty30

Comment

want a suite new aluminum radiator???

cheaper than adoption

looks good BTW
                      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Thanks man, id totally be interested if I didn't already have the rad and electric fan setup justin was using.
                        dirty30

Comment

Working...
                        X