My New 2012 "Build"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New 2012 "Build"

I told myself I wouldn't touch this one, and I'm sort of sticking to that...sort of.

I'm going forward with my expo trip to Maine this summer and my main goal is to have it prepared for that, just so I won't end up stuck in the middle of nowhere. 99.9% of the time this Jeep is going to see pavement, so I want to aim to leave it as stock as possible - I enjoy getting 20+mpg to and from work

The tentative plans as of right now include the following:

- OEM Rubicon Rock Sliders
    - Teraflex Leveling Kit
    - JKS Disconnects
    - 285/70/17 Duratracs
    - Spidertrax Wheel Spacers
    - Auxiliary Lighting
    - Rear Cargo Netting

I'll also be adding a soft top and audio upgrades as the funds allow, the non infinity stereo lacks so much. The rubicon sliders will give me enough protection for what I need...it won't see anything too extreme for a long time. I believe the stock suspension with a nice set of disconnects will get me through the unmaintained logging roads just fine. I'll be adding the leveling kit and spacers to get a little wider track so the tires don't bind or rub. I'm only going a little bigger in tire size to prevent me needing to re-gear. For lighting I'm leaning towards a nice set of Hella Rallyes for all the dark roads. Either Raingler nets or Safari Straps will hold all the gear in place. I'm up in the air as to what I'd like to do as far as lockers go, I think I want to take a run and see how Jeep's BLD system interacts with the terrain first before I jump into anything. I'll leave it alone if I feel it will get me through what I need it to, otherwise I may look into a LSD first before a true locker.

No fancy gadgets, no loads of cash...just enough to get me by and have a good time - let the "build" begin!

sounds good, I enjoy the pics so keep em comin'

Comment

i miss my 08 jk. good luck man

Comment

Working...
      X