The Red Sled Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Red Sled Project

So I guess I've done enough stuff to this thing to start a build thread. I went with the name Red Sled because that about all its good for at the moment. My 99 XJ has served me well for the last 4 years and was a great learning experience. But after 15 cherokees I thought it was time for somthing a little different and I'm going to replace the XJ..with a ZJ. I picked this thing up for a good price but upon deep inspection of it I realized this thing had alot of cracks..Pretty bummed I thought about just scrapping it and starting over with somthing else..But after some encouragment from my GF I figured since my investment was still low Id dig into it anyways. One good thing is that it lived in Arizona for a good amount of time so its rust free. Plus now I dont feel any remorse about cutting the ever loving shit out of it..If i fuck it up I'll just watch the crusher flatten it.

Specs: 95 Grand Cherokee, 5.2l, 46re, np231...everything else my or my not be applicable....

Plans: Rebuild the entire drivetrain
    -9'' rear axle - HP44 front that I got for a smokin deal - 5.13 gears
    -35's
    -plate most of the unibody
    -Using parts of the ford radius arms for the front suspention
    -Coilovers or airshocks for the front if funds allow
    -triangulated four link rear, or possibly slightly shorter arms with a track bar for stability reasons for towing a small camper and dirtbike trailer..etc
    -6 point cage with 4 points all the way around
    -All my own armor and bumpers
    -2x6 box rockers

Here it is the day I drove it home. Everything single thing you see will be altered or changed completly..haha

Started cutting away...For those of you that have seen a ZJ without a rear bumper alot of useless sheetmetal has been shaved away.

Started by welding in a peice of 3 inch channel

Started the plating

Rough cut out of the right side rocker

This thing has a long way to go so I'll post'em up as I go.
    Last edited by netrachamp1853; 09-06-2011, 08:51 PM.
    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

No grey interior shots?
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Cutting and burning in new metal, a good way to start any build
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Going to be sweeeeeet!!!
        -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
        -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
        -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
        -57 GMC Pickup
        -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
          No grey interior shots?
          Only if you want to see the pile of it in my basement haha
          98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Working...
          X