2011 Jeep Comanche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Jeep Comanche

Yup I'm building one and I will post pics. The process has already begun.

China Jeep 2500 parts?
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

fawk ya! Gonna start wheeling again?
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Hurmmmm...
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

your math is wrong

1989+whatever the fuck oppies jeep is does not = 2011
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
            fawk ya! Gonna start wheeling again?
            No cuz he grew a little twat
            Originally posted by Ktmracer419
            some people choose video games
            some choose projects
            some choose welding random things together

Comment

i'm so excite!!!!!
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

No china parts, the donor is a 97. However its a 2011 cause its gettin all restored and junk. Freshy fresh paint and all new goodies. It's the jeep they should have never stopped making.

Not really a wheeling rig but is getting boxed rockers and a heavy rear bumper to withstand some junk when I take the occasional trailride.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
                  No china parts, the donor is a 97. However its a 2011 cause its gettin all restored and junk. Freshy fresh paint and all new goodies. It's the jeep they should have never stopped making.

Not really a wheeling rig but is getting boxed rockers and a heavy rear bumper to withstand some junk when I take the occasional trailride.
                  Sounds to me like someone is in denial...
                  Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post

this is what I built mine as..

Comment

Can't wait.

Comment

I hear its down to a shell already
                        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                        eliminator MJ - Sold
                        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Time for an update I'd say,

I've been driving it for about a week now, lovin it so far.
                          Still needs a bunch of work including a front axle which will be happening over the weekend if the weather cooperates. Body work still needs to be done and then it will be painted.
                          I'm going with that light blue color that the doors and hood are, wanted to go with a light color thats easy to keep clean.

The swap went pretty smoothly especially seeing how I worked on it alone 90% of the time. My girlfriend pitched in on the teardown one day and that was enough for her
                          The only real headache was getting the new style fuel pump on the comanche sending unit. And then getting the new gauge sensor thing on the old sending unit. A lot of afro engineering went on but I ended up with a working piece and the gas gauge works so all is good. The problem with just re-using the old pump is that the renix system works with a feed and return line, regulator is on the fuel rail. The 97+ pump has a built in regulator and only runs one line.
                          I ended up losing the check valve that lives at the base of the 97+ pump but I haven't noticed any bad side effect yet.

I did manage to snap a few cell phone pics here and there along the way to try and document what went on. Enjoy

Check out the sweet dinosaur the factory left on the floorboard!

Whats goin back in

Comment

The interior is completely finished as well which I will take some pics of. I want to look into getting the original buckets restored or something along the lines. I think seat covers look like shit.
                            I'll be painting it within the next 2 weeks, so the project will be pretty much done by then.

Let me know what you guys think!

Comment

Looks good dude. Im upset about it being 2 cylinders. Short though
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                              X