No announcement yet.

xj's gonna get a makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beadlocks all the way! and also i can see either boat sides or some sort of rocker protection in you're future
    -jake........sorry for any of my spelling fails i was droped on my head when i was little.

Quote Phill: Do you drink lots of coffee? I drink it once in a while and I get varying effects. Some days it doesn't bother me but others my heart races like a greyhound from the Vet after the owners realize that it cant race anymore and needs to die. Fuck that, find me some owner with big tits and I'll be cute and slow the rest of my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
      The other pic of the rim is the other side before we fixed it on the trail.
      Beadlocks will solve the burping air isue. And the rim bending issue lol. Cant burp air if they are bolted to the wheel. So Im not even gonna try it, just gonna do the beadlocks while I have to have the tires off the rims anyway
      Can still burp air with a beadlock, it's just harder to do so. It happens.

Why do weld-on beadlocks when you can buy a decent set of beadlock rims? the locking rings will actually be centered, the welds won't leak air, and they're just made better than d-window steelies.
      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
        Can still burp air with a beadlock, it's just harder to do so. It happens.

Why do weld-on beadlocks when you can buy a decent set of beadlock rims? the locking rings will actually be centered, the welds won't leak air, and they're just made better than d-window steelies.
        So you can still push the tire off the bead and burp air while its bolted down? Interesting.
        The inner can, but its almost always the outside.
        Why drive a vw when you can buy a Mercedes? They are made better.
        Other than aluminum beadlocks, allied or marsh are d window steelies, which I don't see a problem with. Especially with a nice 3/16" or 1/4" piece if steel supporting the outer shell. And allies doesn't make a 17 in the right backspace.
        If you can't weld well enough to put them on without leaking than yeah, maybe you should be buying some pre made wheels. I'm not too worried about it. I'll spend the 300$ and do it myself long before I spend 1500$ on rims.
        Last edited by ct67_72; 11-11-2012, 10:14 AM.
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
        www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Yes, yes you can. Beadlocks aren't the be-all end-all.

And Mercedes are made like shit, find a better comparison
          MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Yes, yes you can. Beadlocks aren't the be-all end-all.

Please explain how the outer bead can burp air.
            If I had a bunch of money to throw at it, I would buy some hutchinson double beadlocks. But thats not gonna happen.
            Dan.
            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Originally posted by 96jeepman View Post
              beadlocks all the way! and also i can see either boat sides or some sort of rocker protection in you're future
              yeah, I think boatsides at this point is the plan. I didnt want to cut the doors, but being that they are all pretty messed up at this point it doesnt matter. Also being this low, boatsides would be a huge advantage. I really realized that it Rausch
              Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Any chance your driver door is still ok and you wanna trade
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Yes, yes you can. Beadlocks aren't the be-all end-all.

Obviously they're made better than VW's

Comment

• Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                    Any chance your driver door is still ok and you wanna trade
                    Nope. Drivers door got a pretty good dent last time we went to mabell. They are all bent or dented now lol
                    Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                      Nope. Drivers door got a pretty good dent last time we went to mabell. They are all bent or dented now lol
                      Time for boatsides

Comment

• Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                        Obviously they're made better than VW's
                        Oooooh, got me.
                        MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

• Well I decided to bite the bullet. (most of it anyway) I ordered Synergy budget bump stop kits with 2.0 air bump mounting cans and brackets. They will be mounted just as an air bump with the same cans, just a piece of aluminum with a poly bump pad instead. So down the road I can buy a set of 2.0 bumps and just throw them in.
                          Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• WOOHOO!!!!! Got my tires. Took a long ride for them but it was worth it. Got them mounted up today and on the jeep. I still have 2 rims that should be replaced, so with the cost of that I may just wait and buy some real beadlocks. I thought I could get away with beadlocking the 3 I have left but one is junk, one is rough and one is good. (obviously one is brand new because there was no saving the one with the ripped tire)
                            So Ill keep the brand new one as a spare, Im sure someone will buy the other good one, and probably the ok one, and the other will go to scrap.

Old and new

Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• no turning back now huh Dan hahahaha
                              99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

• -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X