Project: NIMBY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project: NIMBY

So after fixing all the bugs and getting my 96 XJ ready to wheel I discovered that both spring perches were about to rot away, I already knew the floors were shot, so took it to a couple of people who all said to start over so.........

Picked up a mint 2000 XJ with a shot engine, and I mean SHOT

factory rust painted engine internals

They even used that new fancy oil that's green and thick for better engine protection

Timing chain painted to match cranks, luckily this was also packed with the special thick green oil to keep it fresh

So along with the 2000 came a 2001 WJ 4.0 same engine block according to Jasper.....wrong after a week of drilling and tapping my buddy still has to shave off 1/8 of an inch off the left mounts to get the XJ alternator mount to sit flush, and still have to figure out the motor mount situation, calling Brown Dogg on Monday to see if he can make something up. Engine has 34k on it

Only get to wrench on it a few hours a day since I get out at 4 and have to drive 35mins to my friends house that was nice enough to let me use his driveway, gotta get it done before his wife gets fed up with 3 jeeps in various states of decay in her driveway.

Going to swap all my lift stuff over to the new XJ and part out the rest, only downside is the LP but I have (i think) an HP to swap in

any suggestions on getting the motor mounts to work?

Doug
    1992 xj Briarwood
    Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
    Welded front and rear
    13' LED roof lights
    Disco ball
    Truck nuts
    Spinners

Just swap in the front axle from your 96
    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
      bingo

Comment

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
        my 30 has a bad pinion bearing/seal and is geared 3.07, wouldn't work too well with 3.55 rear
        1992 xj Briarwood
        Welded front and rear
        13' LED roof lights
        Disco ball
        Truck nuts
        Spinners

Comment

got all the brake lines replaced today, after a few conversations with Tim over at Brown Dog he's sending me a kit that will solve my motor mount situation (hopefully) now just have to replace the rear drums with the new ones I had lying around and trim the engine block down, should have this thing fired up by the end of the week
          1992 xj Briarwood
          Welded front and rear
          13' LED roof lights
          Disco ball
          Truck nuts
          Spinners

Comment

The coolant necks kinda look like the shocker hand.
            Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

so it's almost been two months, tried getting the new engine in and busted the front tranny pump, pulled the tranny and pump and the dude I'm doing it with decided to pull the planetary gears out, so that took some figuring out to reassemble. then today while cleaning/swapping tranny pans with the donor 87 I spilled cat litter in it, I guess that's not a good thing but fuck it at this point, phase two of "please don't fuck up" starts sunday afternoon

1992 xj Briarwood
              Welded front and rear
              13' LED roof lights
              Disco ball
              Truck nuts
              Spinners

Comment

tried firing it on thursday, would start with ether but not with fuel....pulled the injectors and the rail was clogged with rust no less, took old injectors off the seized engine that were spotless and threw them in, fired right up, idled for a few mins then smoke started coming from the upper cats, apparently they weren't as tight as could be, now just have to drain the mostly seafoam engine oil and finish the brakes and it's good to go

and I need a new tranny pan for the AW4
                1992 xj Briarwood
                Welded front and rear
                13' LED roof lights
                Disco ball
                Truck nuts
                Spinners

Comment

time for an update, spent a few afternoons at RJ's and got my lift swapped over, mounting my 31's this week but here's the new stance

in the market for 2" coil spacers and shackles and the rest of the crap that goes with going taller....in case anyone has the stuff lying around
                  1992 xj Briarwood
                  Welded front and rear
                  13' LED roof lights
                  Disco ball
                  Truck nuts
                  Spinners

Comment

Working...
                  X