Dana 44 master install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 44 master install

like the title says, i'm lookin for a dana 44 master install kit.

Also maybe someone with a pair of carrier set-up bearings that would let me borrow them for a weekend, i'll give ya beers
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

completeoffroad.com

for setup bearings use your old ones

Comment

that's the problem i don't have old ones.

thats where i'll go eventually, but i knew there were a few for sale a while back, just wanted to see if maybe somone had one floatin around still.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Dun sold mine, sowwy Z-Bear
        dirty30

Comment

So you want to try setting up axle yourself?
          You need more than just a set of setup bearings.
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
          www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

i have a dial indicator with a base, a mircrometer to measure shims, and i'm gonna pick up a pinion depth tool. the only thing i won't have is a bearing puller, but i have a press for when i press the actual bearings on. I just gotta cross my fingers, take my time, hope it goes right.

I need to learn sooner er later.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

save your money on the depth tool for now not all gears are even marked.

Just use the old shim or ask google what is the a good starting shim is and go from there.
              I think the pinion depth shim is under the race so you don't need a puller for that so you should be good.

It would be nice to have a case spreader if not put in an extra .020 on each side instead of the normal .010 and get a big dead blow and get it in.

If you have any questions let me know.

Randy has the best prices tell them your in a jeep club and they give you a discount I get jobber prices because I set up as an installer.
              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
              www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
              Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

alright cool, thanks buddy i'll deff call you if i need help.

what would be really cool is if i could bring it up to you after i think i've got it setup right, have you look at it and tell me if you think its correct.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Working...
                X