8.8 Open Carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.8 Open Carrier

Does anyone have an 8.8 open carrier laying around?

The spider gears in the 8.8 I have are welded to the carrier so I am looking for a new one because I am getting an aussie

I am about to purchase one online but before I do that I thought I would
    ask.

Thanks
    Hench

ATM anyone?

Are the gears attached to it when you weld it? I have a freind with one that he was gonna weld. He has 4.10 gears though. Not sure if that would matter if your only replacing the carrier, but maybe you could trade him before he welds his too. I'll ask him for ya
    2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Yeah mine has 4.10s also.
      I didn't weld it myself when I bought the 8.8 it was already welded.
      Let me know! thanks
      Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Now are you just swapping the carrier piece and keeping your gears, or do the gears have to go with it? Because my friend said his open one has 4.10's as well, but the gears aren't installed on it yet. Hopefully you know more about them than I do, haha.
        2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

They are welded together. If he would want to trade I would simply trade him my welded gears (4.10)s and open carrier for his NON welded 4.10s and open carrier
          Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by 4BangerTJ View Post
            They are welded together. If he would want to trade I would simply trade him my welded gears (4.10)s and open carrier for his NON welded 4.10s and open carrier
            Ok, now I understand. I'll have an answer for ya later this afternoon. I'm seeing him as soon as I get outta work.

Comment

Hey, you've got a deal if your rear is out of a 96 or up explorer. Thats what my buddy's is out of and he said hed trade you straight up for your welded one if you had that style axle. The older ones were different I guess. Let me know and we can set up a time if you wanna grab it.

Comment

PM sent
                Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Working...
                X