2x3 Steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x3 Steel

I need some 2x3 steel to make a bumper, where are some places that don't sell for outrageous prices? Or if anyone has any let me know
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Hit up the bargain barn at logan steel in meriden CT, $1 a pound
    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

i was trying to find places to buy steel also...i need 2x4 and some other pieces to try and make some sliders..but i look at steel companies in ct and they don't even say they have rectangular tubing or box tubing.

Comment

Last time I went to logan tbhey had a shit ton of 2x4 box in the bargan barn they also have new there but I wouldn't sugest getting new from them there high priced on new and almost anywhere can get box steel just call them

Comment

Cool...what are the prices of steel..thinks its buy pound right?...but like how much would a 5ft peice of 2x4 box steel cost. And i know the width of the wall may verry.

Comment

all depends on how thick it is, last time i went there i got 3 6ft sections of 2x3 box 1/8 wall and a 24x24 piece of 3/16 plate and a 18x24 piece of 1/4 plate all for 110 bucks.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

since im going to build a bumper, i looked up the jeep as being 70.5 inches wide. Should i go with 6 feet or more? How long are other peoples bumper?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
                all depends on how thick it is, last time i went there i got 3 6ft sections of 2x3 box 1/8 wall and a 24x24 piece of 3/16 plate and a 18x24 piece of 1/4 plate all for 110 bucks.
                Good To know

Comment

I used to buy at Metals Supermarket in Waterbury. Super good guys there too.
                  88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Originally posted by Wide-J View Post
                    I used to buy at Metals Supermarket in Waterbury. Super good guys there too.
                    someone told me about them, im gonna go to either them or logan

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Midcity steel has good prices right now. Got 4" x 8' plate 3/16 for $25
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Since im going this friday to pick some stuff up from logan steel, what would be the best way to approach buying it? Should i buy the length of the grill, and an extra 3 ft of the same thing to set a backwards angle?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

logan just quoted me for:

2x6x3/16: 1 40 inch section, and 2 15 inch sections for $108
                          2x3x3/16: 2 40 inch pieces, and 4 15 inch sections for $125
                          Last edited by LittleD; 02-11-2010, 04:04 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                            logan just quoted me for:

2x6x3/16: 1 40 inch section, and 2 15 inch sections for $108
                            2x3x3/16: 2 40 inch pieces, and 4 15 inch sections for $125
                            is that good or bad?????

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                              Midcity steel has good prices right now. Got 4" x 8' plate 3/16 for $25
                              ohhh man, someone let me borrow their truck, gonna start with 4 sheets
                              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                              X