WTB HP D60 center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB HP D60 center

Anyone have a center diff from a HP D60 laying around I'm building another HP D60 rear I just need the center I don't feel like spending the money on all the other components.

Thank you
    ~Justin
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

At the risk of sounding like a dbag. You might get more hits in the wanted section than the for sale section.
    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

how do you make a HP d60 into a rear, do you run regular cut gears in it?
      1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

Sorry thanks for moving it to wanted

No you still have to run reverse cut gears, the cut of the gear is based of the housing.

Regular/revers cut are based off what side the drive side of the gear is on.
        When the axle put in the front it spins backwards to correct the problem the moved the drive side to the opposite side of the gear which moved the pinon to the top side of the ring gear hence the name high pinion. When you put the HP in the rear you actually run the gears backwards from what it is intended they say the difference in strength is around 30% basically the a HP rear has the same problem with running a LP in the front.
        Also running the axle backwards it wants to pull the pinion in so it uses the little preload pinion bearing. If you run the axle correctly it pushes the pinion out which uses the larger bearing. Currie HP housing actually use a larger preload bearing for that reason.

I'd rather have the added ground clearance and drive shaft angle, and a HP60 should be enough for me. Clatyon has a HP60 rear and is on his 5th set of gears.

I explained it a little bit here too.
        http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6774
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
        X