Winter Car for my sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Car for my sister

My sister is looking for a winter car, something 4wd or AWD. Cherokee or Forester or something AWD. Must be a stick shift, and must be relatively cheap. Let me know.

i have a buddy who has two 86 audi 4000 sedans he wants to get rid of. he wants $3-400 for em, and both need maybe a couple bucks worth of work, total to get running for a winter beater they'd be less than 1000 bucks and he'd definitely do the work to em for you for beer and pizza.

oh and theyre both AWD with center and rear diff locks, and 5spd and running snow tires.

Comment

shes really looking for just a cherokee or subie, and something that doesnt need any work.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
        i have a buddy who has two 86 audi 4000 sedans he wants to get rid of. he wants $3-400 for em, and both need maybe a couple bucks worth of work, total to get running for a winter beater they'd be less than 1000 bucks and he'd definitely do the work to em for you for beer and pizza.

oh and theyre both AWD with center and rear diff locks, and 5spd and running snow tires.
        Can you get me some info on these?
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
          Can you get me some info on these?
          what do you want to know? ones black, paint is alright, tan interior, clean enough, needs a fuel pump (which he has) something like 190k (odo doesnt work).. starts right up, 5 cyl, 5spd, needs both driver side doors (he has em im pretty sure) bc they have rust holes in the side. this one has some bees in it and also has the sweet euro-spec headlights. he wants $400 for it with the headlights, $300 without... probably plus cash for the fuel pump. the fuel pump we could replace at his shop (from the trunk, pretty easy actually) plus it could probably use a tune up.

the other is red, needs fuel lines, brake lines, rotors, and pads (4 wheel disc). paint is pretty good, i think tan interior, late 80s lexus headlights retrofitted into the front end. also 5 cyl 5spd. I think $300 for this one as well. doesnt run "as good" as the black one, but both start up and move. Also ~190k.. again broke odo. Common problem on these cars apparently.

Both cars are on snow tires in decent shape. and did I mention a switch to lock the center and rear diffs?

I'll be there next week a lot helping him prep his VDub for a stage rally in Canada in two weeks, so I can take pics and get more specifics then.

Comment

Do want the black one... but i dont think i need anymore toys..

Comment

Yea, let me get some pics when you go down there. Did it drive ok b4 the fuel pump went bad?
              -Caleb

Comment

he DD'd the black one for almost a year before he parked it a year ago.

Comment

Damn, it would be a nifty DD. Awd 5sp 5 cyl nonSubura
                  -Caleb

Comment

also, non-turbo and slower than an RS

Comment

is it really slower than ur rs?
                      -Caleb

Comment

mhm. 115hp and a tad heavier.

BUT STILL FUN TO DRIVE AND IT HAS A LOCKER

Comment

hrmmmmm, maybe i could mod it get get more horsie, it seems fun to drive with all wheel drive and a rear locker.
                          -Caleb

Comment

swap in an audi 5000 turbo 5cyl and make 200 at the wheels with a tune and an exhaust

Comment

Turbo it...

Comment

Working...
                              X